Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
  1. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    I have a love hate relationship with my Treo as well (more hate that love as time goes on). The thing is rarely more than a few feet from me and I wouldn't give it up for anything, although there are times I threaten to.

I admit that I do like to come here and bellyache about it, as I'm sure others do. This forum is kindof like Treo Group Therapy. I can come here, complain about my woahs and see/feel that I'm not alone.

We are all here because we love our Treos, even if we do bellyache about them.
    Last edited by ~Q~; 09/26/2007 at 10:58 PM.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Treo 755p absolutely rocks. Everything that I want in a smartphone...well almost
  3. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    I dig my 680. A lot.
    Funny this thread should be up... I've had my 700wx since jan... finally gotten around to deciding to use the full potential... purchased three apps tonight. I have more apps on this than any previous palm device (tx, te2, ect).

I love my treo.... but (lol) I'm still waiting for the ultimate phone/pda device... it is not out yet, but I'm sure it is close (right... keep deaming).

Then again, the only thing I don't like about my treo is the radio... and that might be more of an issue with sprint... dunno...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Global Posts
    239 Global Posts
    I have a Att&T branded 680. Not perfect, but man it works. Very stable,even with loads of apps. My contract is up late 2008 just in time for POS2, ...maybe. I'll have to wait and see what my options are.

...and thanks for the possitive thread, all the complainning around here get old after awhile!!!!

Mac
    "I Sync, therefore I AM!"

BellSouth became Cingular, left for ATT, who became Cingular, who became ATT. Is that right?
    Visor Pro > Vx > Treo600 > Treo650 > Treo680 > Tilt!
    My Treo is sorta like my boyfriend...love it when it's good, despise it when it cuts up, but can't imagine living without it.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    I love my 755p! Had the range from my first 300 and each incarnation since.

All this "Palm is dead" talk was going on when I started looking around here researching to replace my Kyocera 6035. We're still here!
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    I love my 700WX. After almost a year I finally got it set up to reach its full potential for my needs anyway (sure more stuff can be done by others). Very stable and fun to play with. Being a tech junkie though I can't wait for the 800W.
    After carrying a clamshell phone and a Vx for years, I got the 650. I loved it -- until I accidentally smashed it. I went back to the clamshell and Vx while waiting for the 700p to come out. Got the 700p, apparently am one of the fortunate ones without any major problems, and love it.
  10. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by jaharr View Post
    After carrying a clamshell phone and a Vx for years, I got the 650. I loved it -- until I accidentally smashed it. I went back to the clamshell and Vx while waiting for the 700p to come out. Got the 700p, apparently am one of the fortunate ones without any major problems, and love it.
    OUCH... How did you manage to smash your 650? Just curious.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    I LOVEEEE my 755P! My treo is never more than a few feet away from me. When I shower it is on the shelf with pTunes playing some tunes, when I'm going to work I have audible play some audio books to keep me at peace during the traffic , when I have time I'll watch some video podcast or movies and anime onTCPMP (still don't see a reason to buy coreplayer, thank goodness I didn't try to hold my breath for betaplayer). Also after coming back from work I like to catch up on some feeds with Reco Neeews.
    There are some apps that is just dull looking that I don't use much (mostly default palm apps) but thankfully there are better looking replacement apps that made my treo fill new with the DBP app from GX-5, treomemo, even PalmPowerups latest skinUI that skins the on call buttons.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    I'm more than happy with my 680. Certainly I can see improvements I'd love to have, but what I can't find is a better phone for my requirements, at any price (well, short of employing a personal secretary to carry round a phone, laptop, etc...)
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    As I've posted many times on this board, my 700P has been very very stable for a year. No lags, few freezes, and the only problems have been due to software problems (out of date Chatter, bad font in Fontsmoother, my IT people screwing up my Exchange server settings) or more frequently, the Sprint network with slow downloads lack of web access for a month or so back last spring....which healed itself as their network was repaired. I've never updated the 1.08 software, I use Slingplayer every day, a BT headset once or twice a week, watch DVD's on TCPMP, and just purchased the Seidio 2600 mAh battery, so I'm committed to this device for a while. The ONLY thing wrong with the device is skipping ptunes, but I can deal with that. The one other thing I would change is the form factor. Having come from the i500, the Treo is still a brick (including the 755) and it would be nice to have a more compact design. Other than that, mine's a major keeper.
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    ...Treo is still a brick (including the 755) and it would be nice to have a more compact design.
    The best thing about a "brick" is that it leaves lots of room for a big battery! I like the trade-off.

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    OUCH... How did you manage to smash your 650? Just curious.
    Without going into too many details: guys' weekend, alcohol, wrestling, thrown across room, treo on hip, hip and floor harder than treo. No insurance then. Insurance now.
    MY Best PDA Yet.
    Last edited by gtwo; 09/26/2007 at 09:30 PM.
  17. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    I really do enjoy being a Treo owner, but I wouldn't say I love this device. My Treo brings so many things to my daily life, but it definately has issues. The Treo was an amazing design -- so amazing that its popularity caries it even when it doesn't live up to the standard. Palm is not living up to the standard right now. If they hadn't developed the Treo, they would be dead right now.

The competition has caught up with and passed Palm. The Treo is only still in the game at all because is was so amazing when it first came out. I figure Palm has 6-12 months to come up with something or they are dead as a post.

The Truth About MonaVie:
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    I really do enjoy being a Treo owner, but I wouldn't say I love this device. My Treo brings so many things to my daily life, but it definately has issues. The Treo was an amazing design -- so amazing that its popularity caries it even when it doesn't live up to the standard. Palm is not living up to the standard right now. If they hadn't developed the Treo, they would be dead right now.

The competition has caught up with and passed Palm.
    You know, I sure hear that a lot....but so far I've not seen any device that has as complete a set of competencies. A good friend has a BB and I've played with it a bit. I like having a camera; the browser is much more rudimentary than Blazer; the media options are less; a lot fewer third party apps; and the PIM apps are not nearly as well developed. I don't know about BT with BB, but I don't use that much. What are all these "new standards" that the Treo doesn't meet? Rev A? BT 2? What is the one device that does everything the Treo does? Admittedly, devices are (and should be) user specific. If you don't care about cameras, media and web use much, and want solid email and phone service, and don't mind paying a lot for data and a bit more stability, a BB is for you. Otherwise, what else is there?
    Quote Originally Posted by davidra View Post
    What is the one device that does everything the Treo does?
    Amen! You hit the nail on the head. There is no other device that does everything the Treo does. That's why I love my Treo!

BTW, all this "slim design" crap is just crap. You might as well wish for "minimum battery power". Careful what you wish for!

-Frank
    I love my 700wx. I've been waiting for a treo since I first saw the first one at Sprint stores years ago.

I absolutely just love it. It's the best phone I have ever had.

For all the people who complain; Didn't your parents ever teach you that if you don't have anything good to say, say nothing at all? Guess not. They probably didn't have any manners either.

heimlich
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast