1.    #1  
    So a while back I was on chat support with a tech support rep for my Treo, and by the end of it I was so frustrated I just wanted his name and supervisors name and a phone number or address where I could write a letter, which the rep refused to send me. Then he actually just disconnected from the chat. I contacted Palm and they assured me that they were handling the situation, and sent me some crappy accessories as a peace offering, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever had any similar experiences with their support?
    Last edited by Gambbitt; 10/14/2007 at 10:54 PM.
  2. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Gambbitt View Post
    So a while back I was on chat support with a tech support rep for my Treo, and by the end of it I was so frustrated I just wanted his name and supervisors name and a phone number or address where I could write a letter, which the rep refused to send me. Then he actually just disconnected from the chat and from his personal e-mail sent me a message which, to cut to the short of it, he closed by telling me to go and hang myself. I contacted Palm and they assured me that they were handling the situation, and sent me some crappy accessories as a peace offering, but I was wondering if anyone else has ever had any similar experiences with their support?
    I'm not sure what country the Palm chat support is coming from, but it isn't the US. Maybe India.... Yes it is marginal at best, but mostly worthless. The support people don't have a clue about what is going on. It's not uncommon to ask the same question to multiple techs and get as many different answers as the techs you talked to.

Phone support, OTOH, tends to be pretty good.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Well.. Given the myriad of common issues that alot of us faced. I've been working more with Verizon techs than the Palm guys. So one day I decided to call up palm. The conversation lasted no more than 7 minutes. The quick skinny of the conversation was to do a hard reset.. try try again. Totally useless. Well I decided instead of going and harassing tech support I launched a formal complaint via the BBB. I figured that was the best way I can move up past the small fries and start playing some real ball. I got ahold of some mid-level manager and then got worked with Palm's "Third Level Engineer" or Technical support dude. That support call was more of a chat session than actual support. Quickly in the call I proved to this guy on my technical prowess on the 700P but also on how far my Palm history went back. I evenually closed out my BBB complaint on good standing if they were willing to at least admit to the problem and stop developing new products. They at least pulled the MR and admitted to that there was an issue. It was the first public announcement that error 3000s were MR-Related. Also they canned the Foleo. Now if I am STILL not satisfied with them fixing me up I do have the right to re-open my case and pursue it further. I am really thinking of that since honestly... I don't use my Phone anymore. I forward my calls to my work Blackberry and ported all my contacts,etc. Into it. Right now im using a BB as a phone since I cannot install apps. It sucks but it beats my treo rebooting when I get phone calls.
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!
    I little while ago, I needed some help (web access) from Palm Support. Unfortunately, my email was lost in the void, as usual with those 'services'. I never got a word back from them.

To tell the truth, I don't think I will EVER send an email to Palm again, or other big company support for that matter. After all, what am I? Just a customer...
    Regards,
    Alexandre Freire
    -----------------
    Treo 650 Unlocked GSM
  5. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by alexfreire View Post
    I little while ago, I needed some help (web access) from Palm Support. Unfortunately, my email was lost in the void, as usual with those 'services'. I never got a word back from them.

To tell the truth, I don't think I will EVER send an email to Palm again, or other big company support for that matter. After all, what am I? Just a customer...
    Email is a really poor avenue for seeking technical support, regardless of who you are trying to obtain the support from. You really need some way to interact with the tech people to get anything of value.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    Quote Originally Posted by ncc1701p View Post
    I evenually closed out my BBB complaint on good standing if they were willing to at least admit to the problem and stop developing new products.
    So, it's your fault we don't have the 800 yet?

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by ~Q~ View Post
    I'm not sure what country the Palm chat support is coming from, but it isn't the US. Maybe India....
    Well, from my terrible experiences with Palm phone tech support, I was told by a few of them that they were in the Phillipines.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Their tech support is but a sad joke.

I have chatted with them repeatedly, first about the Original 700p problems(BT/Lag/Music skipping) and they had no idea what was going on. Second was to inquiry about the MR (if it was coming at all) and again, I got zilch. Now after installing the MR I get the Error 3000 (network not available) a lot and these guys have again failed to give me a real response.

I think the last time I contacted them was more representative of what poor customer support they have. I called them to ask about the MR and/or an alternative fix to my Error 3000 woes, as Verizon's response is to keep sending out phones that have the exact same problem. The first tech responded that, while he was talking to me, he was checking Verizon's support website and Error 3000 was related to Verizon's network not having data services available. OK, I simply reminded the fellow that these issues started after I installed their latest patch and then he went on on that track "oh yes, we have pulled that from the web and we have no info on when will it be available again".

His answer, being no real answer to my problems prompted me to escalate the issue. He suggested to talk to Corporate Customer Support and he transferred me there... or so I thought. I ended up getting back into Tech support main operator. This happened twice.

I finally went through to a guy (John) in Corporate and we went through the problems I have with my phone. I asked for either an immediate fix or a refund of my money. He denied me both solutions mentioning that the phone was beyond the 1-year warranty period but that an updated patch would be soon released, and of course not giving me an exact date (this seems just like last December when Bob-C got the letter out and Palm promised a fix "soon").

Tired of all of this crap I told him "you know what, if that's your answer I have no choice but to contact BBB and other official bodies in my state since you guys have not provided ANY real customer support at this point". He answered he preferred me not to do that... but then again did not offer any solution either. They cannot refund me anything since the phone is too old (beyond the 1 year warranty) and neither they can fix it since the new updated update will be coming soon, not even sure when. Under my eyes that is simply as first, Palm made a crappy product and second, Palm itself broke it further with their latest Patch.

As you guys can see, contacting Palm customer support will get you NOWHERE. AVOID PALM AT ALL COST people that are shopping for new phones. You will save yourselves a lot of grief.

I am off to contacting the BBB and related organizations. This goes beyond belief.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    So, it's your fault we don't have the 800 yet?

-Frank
    LOL NO! I just want a working Treo like everyone else. I want a linux treo. But realistically they gotta do some real prioritizing.. Lose a battle today to get a more major win tomorrow? I mean realistically all of us who are very technical probably know WAY more about these devices than the actual employees at certain places that provide technical support. Ive been reading alot of articles about palm from Engadge, Brighthand, NYTimes.

Don't get me wrong.. I love palm i really do and i've more than given them many chances but you gotta wonder how many times aM I gonna be made a sucker of. PT Barnum anybody?
    Greatest Treo Call Bug EVER!