Global Posts
    380 Global Posts
    I've never really been a huge fan of the Palm Treo line... I've owned a Treo 650 for 2 and a half years. It still has it's original battery, the contacts on the hardware sync port are dead, so I use bluetooth it's slow but it does the job. Palm Desktop sucks for the Mac so I bought Missing Sync from Markspace to sync my contacts, todo, calendar etc.

I'm also a huge fan of Apple products, I love the simplicity and the "Just works" mentality they put into the hardware and software it's all interconnected and thought out. Where Palm fell short on sync software support for Mac OS X someone from the Apple community picked up the pieces i.e. Missing Sync. Yet I don't own an iPhone!

So here's my story...

Recently I went to a concert with a friend it was loud 120db+ so we had ear plugs in our ears to keep from going deaf. There wasn't really a way for us to communicate, we couldn't yell over the music especially not with ear plugs in. So I did what every geek does... whipped out their cellphone in my case a Treo 650 opened up the memo pad and start two finger typing... After every message I'd pass my friend my Treo and she'd read the screen and type back... passed me my Treo I'd read the screen and type back to her. By the end of the night she loved the Treo, loved the full keyboard and was two finger typing. And she even said she was going to pick up a Treo because of the easy of use when sending SMS messages. The only thing I had to teach her was how to unlock the Treo 650 by pressing the "phone" and "middle" button on the 4 way directional pad. I know there are lots of devices with hardware keyboards but! Palm did a great job with the Treo line... I used the new Blackberry 8800 keyboard it's not as good as the Treo's because the keys are spaced too close.

I think hardware keyboards are the way to go with mobile devices, I own an N800 that uses hand writting recognition and also has a virtual keyboard similar to the iPhone but I'm sure no where near as smart. There's something to be said about a hardware keyboard I can tap away at it and not have to check what I've typed. I know when I've made a mistake because I can feel the physical key presses.

So that's my story... oh and the Calendar, Todo applications built into Palm OS are adequate for my day to day needs.
    Quote Originally Posted by blee4 View Post
    I've never really been a huge fan of the Palm Treo line... I've owned a Treo 650 for 2 and a half years. It still has it's original battery, the contacts on the hardware sync port are dead, so I use bluetooth it's slow but it does the job. Palm Desktop sucks for the Mac so I bought Missing Sync from Markspace to sync my contacts, todo, calendar etc.

I'm also a huge fan of Apple products, I love the simplicity and the "Just works" mentality they put into the hardware and software it's all interconnected and thought out. Where Palm fell short on sync software support for Mac OS X someone from the Apple community picked up the pieces i.e. Missing Sync. Yet I don't own an iPhone!

So here's my story...

Recently I went to a concert with a friend it was loud 120db+ so we had ear plugs in our ears to keep from going deaf. There wasn't really a way for us to communicate, we couldn't yell over the music especially not with ear plugs in. So I did what every geek does... whipped out their cellphone in my case a Treo 650 opened up the memo pad and start two finger typing... After every message I'd pass my friend my Treo and she'd read the screen and type back... passed me my Treo I'd read the screen and type back to her. By the end of the night she loved the Treo, loved the full keyboard and was two finger typing. And she even said she was going to pick up a Treo because of the easy of use when sending SMS messages. The only thing I had to teach her was how to unlock the Treo 650 by pressing the "phone" and "middle" button on the 4 way directional pad. I know there are lots of devices with hardware keyboards but! Palm did a great job with the Treo line... I used the new Blackberry 8800 keyboard it's not as good as the Treo's because the keys are spaced too close.

I think hardware keyboards are the way to go with mobile devices, I own an N800 that uses hand writting recognition and also has a virtual keyboard similar to the iPhone but I'm sure no where near as smart. There's something to be said about a hardware keyboard I can tap away at it and not have to check what I've typed. I know when I've made a mistake because I can feel the physical key presses.

So that's my story... oh and the Calendar, Todo applications built into Palm OS are adequate for my day to day needs.
    Expensive text messaging machine.
    at&t iPhone3G
    The hardware keyboard rulez!
    I even like the keyboard on the treo better than the V or enV phones by LG. Tell her to get one of those for under 100.00. Cheaper than a Treo.