Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I have had my 650 for oh, lets just say way too long. My contract is coming up with Verizon at the end of the month and Im going to opt for their new phone every two year plan and pick up a new phone. But from what ive seen from the 700p its only real diff is the EVDO network. I would really like to know if their is any solid evidence of the 755p or some other phone heading to Verizon cause im getting real sick of my 650 and really dont wanna change service providers, cause it will force me to go to an Iphone
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I been waiting forever. I just want to get a 755w, but it didnt come to VZW.

So I am force to get the Mogul and I am now with Sprint on the SERO plan since 2 weeks ago!

It have save me TONS of money!!! I will never go back to VZW.

I can forget about AT&T because their rate are sooo expensive and too rip off!
    Don't look for Verizon to come out with anything in the new future when it comes to Treo. Just my 4 cents.

ET
    I've been a loyal customer for years, but it's almost time to get an iPhone. My wife and I are both out of contract and my 2 1/2 year old Treo 650 days are numbered. I'll be ok until it gets broken, wet, etc. and then I'm forced away from VZW because there is no phone to upgrade too! Please release a new Treo or it's ATT for me.
    Global Posts
    119 Global Posts
    The iPhone price has dropped
    i heard the 755p will come out in November, i complain to verizon about my 700p and they gave me a blackberry wold phone for $40 bucks because i had to pay tax on it, but i sent it back because it wasn't for me i really disliked it so now I'm waiting for the 755p or a better bluetooth.
    I'm StayFly, its not just a name its a lifestyle, so get some style in your life
    I too am up at the end of the month since they moved the new every two from 22 months to 20 months on a two year contract. I heard of the 755p now coming nov, but who knows. I may pick up the 700p. The girl I deal with says they haven't had problems and online I read that if the update is done by them the phone works great. I am getting a free 700w this week to try it out from a friend. Then I may just bite the bullet and switch ugh to the 700wx cause it is a sweet device, even if it runs wm
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    iPhone? Yikes. Cannot get insurance on it plus you have to sent it in to replace the battery.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    if you still want to be with Verizon, 755p will be your only new treo choice and it is very solid that it will be available in October. if you are sick of Treo already and don't want to wait, get an iphone.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Or wait until the 6800 from UTC comes out roughly the same time.
    I was talking with a Vzw tech the other day. I told him I felt sorry for them because they are taking the brunt of the complaints from their Palm customers, when it is really Palm's problems.

He basically said that the holdup on the 755 is the MR fix for the 700. They don't want to release the 755 until the 700 is fixed because then many of the 700 customers will want the 755. Heck, how many of Sprints customers demanded a 755 and how much did that cost Sprint. I just imagine that tensions are rising between Vzw and Palm.

But, OP, to answer your question, the EVDO is the main improvement in the 700 over the 650. There are many satisfied 700 owners (myself included) but there certainly have been some problems with the 700, more for some people than others. If I were in your situation, if I was in an evdo area, I would get the 700 now.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Those antenna have to go man. They look sooo ugly on the 700.
  13. ~Q~
    Global Posts
    370 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    He basically said that the holdup on the 755 is the MR fix for the 700. They don't want to release the 755 until the 700 is fixed because then many of the 700 customers will want the 755.
    Figures... They have a new phone ready to go that will fix the problem, yet they sit on it until Palm comes up with a new patch for the 700P. This is as much Verizon's fault as Palm's in my opinion.
    Criterion 300>CMT>Huskey Hunter>Handspring Visor>Juniper Allegro>Palm Tungsten>TDS Recon>Treo 650>Treo 700P>Treo 755P>Blackberry Pearl

The Truth About MonaVie:
    http://monavieoregon.wordpress.com/
    I already made the switch. I had the 700p with VZW and now have the 750w with ATT. NOt a big fan of the windows version but the 750 itself was well worth the switch. and no more VZW BS!
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    You not a fan of Window version???

There are tons more software available for the WM than Palm OS.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post

Uh, what have you been smoking?
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    Uh, what have you been smoking?
    X2. Palm has way more software available when compared to Windows Mobile (which has more software available when compared to BlackBerry).
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    You not a fan of Window version???

I do not use tons of software. Basic, calender, contact, email, plus a few games and the weather channel.

WMS vs Palm is all in the hands of the holder. I used Palm for over 10 years I know it like the back of my hand. They both have pros and cons.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I actually didnt want to say it ...

There are more w*z available for the WM than Treo/Palm or Sambian(sp)?
    I am with RWCouck. I have been with Palm since one week after the original PalmPilot was released. After being with all the other cell providers I switched to VZW when I bought my T650. VZW is expensive but so much better than Sprint and the others. I tried a WM device and returned it to get my T650 instead. I don't want to leave Palm or VZW. But a friend let me use his Iphone for 5 minutes and I haven't stopped thinking about it. It is amazing! I drop my Treo all the time so I am afraid of owing an Iphone, and I would suffer without a replaceable battery, but I am certain that Palm won't have an Iphone clone EVER. Who knows if VZW will ever have an Iphone. I want to switch so badly I can taste it. My T650 is over two years old and I am done with the contract, but I feel as if any choice will be the wrong one. I wish I really knew what was going to happen with VZW and Palm releases.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast