Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    I have owned Palm PDA's for years - own TX (with WiFi) now therefore I own lots of Palm aps. I'd much rather carry 1 device but I can't find Palm phone with WiFi. What can I do?

Any Treos' have/support WiFi?

3rd part add on?

Next gen going to have it (not that foleo has been shelved)?

Other options?

Thanks!
    . . . . other options. Wait. No Treo I know of has WiFi but its a hopeful for future Treos. The only problem. Palm moves pretty slow. So don't be holding your breath waiting.

ET
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Why have they never done one?
    You can buy a Blackberry or Dash and put a Treo sticker on it.
    I keep seeing people beg for wi-fi in their Treos. But I truly can't understand why it is so important. As long as you have a wireless connection, you can get reasonably good Internet connectivity. If you are in an EVDO area, it is very good. Of course, it may be slow to pull up full-blown webpages, but if you use the mobile ones, it works fine, especially on EVDO. Really, what other use would there be for wi-fi in a Treo?
    With a data plan, you don't have to worry about finding a hot spot...
    Quote Originally Posted by hotkey View Post
    I have owned Palm PDA's for years - own TX (with WiFi) now therefore I own lots of Palm aps. I'd much rather carry 1 device but I can't find Palm phone with WiFi. What can I do?

Any Treos' have/support WiFi?

3rd part add on?

Next gen going to have it (not that foleo has been shelved)?

Other options?

Thanks!
    Go here:

http://store.treocentral.com/content...ries/59-60.htm

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    Go shopping???

You can try the Enfora Wi-fi sled...
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    I keep seeing people beg for wi-fi in their Treos. But I truly can't understand why it is so important. As long as you have a wireless connection, you can get reasonably good Internet connectivity. If you are in an EVDO area, it is very good. Of course, it may be slow to pull up full-blown webpages, but if you use the mobile ones, it works fine, especially on EVDO. Really, what other use would there be for wi-fi in a Treo?
    Since I switched to my Mogul, I've used wifi twice. Both times just to see if it worked. It does.
    I will rarely use it, but I'm glad I have it.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    With a data plan, you don't have to worry about finding a hot spot...

Okay, that would be one and maybe the only reason. But, if that is the case, why wouldn't you want a WM device?
    Global Posts
    152 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gapost View Post
    2 things come to mind - no data plan cost and syncing palm data over my wireless network. Both items are big for me - and if lots of folks are asking - it must be big for them too!

I have suspected for years that the carriers are the ones who keep the wi-fi shutoff - or they lose the $$$ from the data plans.

To me it would be like paying for 2 ISPs.
    Sure, wifi is faster, but is it really faster on the Treo with Blazer? I mean, there are some hardware and software limitations on the Treo that you don't find on a regular computer. But I agree that the phone companies probably don't want wifi on their phones.