Um, isn't this basically self-spam? Who cares.
  2.    #3  
    what?
    Most of the quotes are pretty accurate, its the buyers of the phone that are stupid. Mattle sells more Barbies that most carriers but it doesn't make her a good phone.
    Quote Originally Posted by tj8212 View Post
    what?
    I think dude looked at your advatar and the guy on the website and then came to the conclusion it was the same person.

Most of the time people take offense to people posting to their blogs or sites.... no matter how "great" the OP thinks the information is.... matter of fact, on most forums it is against the rules... don't know about here.

The quotes are ok... people were trying to do damage control. Do you really think any of those people would have came out and said how great the iphone is and how apple will take over the market and sell a billion iphones.

Although, colligan (being himself) sounded like an *****... in business it is all about perspective... palm should replace him with someone that actually believes.
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    CEO Ivan Seidenberg
    “A phone is only as good as the network it is on”
    “"I don't think it changes the game plan for how we approach the market.”
    "The iPhone will add excitement and stimulation to the market.If we have done our job, then we will be a beneficiary.”

And the best of the best
    “The new BlackBerry is flying off shelves”

I think he was pretty reasonable. I don't know about BBs flying off shelves, but RIM is also selling a whole lot of those. I saw 3 iPhones(one was mine, LOL!) and about 10 BBs out today.

And ATT's network is good for some, bad for others. I talked to someone today who said T-Mobile works better where he is, but it's not so great here, and we're both in Chicago!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    Quote Originally Posted by cglaguna View Post
    Most of the quotes are pretty accurate, its the buyers of the phone that are stupid. Mattle sells more Barbies that most carriers but it doesn't make her a good phone.
    Stupid huh? Or maybe some just wanted to see if the hype was really worth it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
  7.    #8  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    And ATT's network is good for some, bad for others.
    Mine stinks. Cant even use the iPHone in my house. Oh oh, looks like the phone diva done switched to the iPhone
    Blackjack for business though. And I may still look at the 8525.

iPhone is my fun phone.

9.    #10  
    Quote Originally Posted by The Phone Diva View Post
    Blackjack for business though. And I may still look at the 8525.

iPhone is my fun phone.
    you know i agreee with this. A lot of people dont see that an iphone can co-exist with your smartphone. There are a few things the iphone is very good at ( web browsing, you tube) that make it worth enough to carry around along with your smartphone
    The only thing good about the Iphone is the size of the screen. The fact that you can view photos, sites and videos on a landscape mode screen is the only aspect of the IPhone that attracts me.

I have a treo 680 on AT&T. I have been with verizon, sprint, LA Cellular, AT&T Wireless... I have owned Analog phones and several 2G and 3G units. The point is that I consider myself out in front of the curve . Many of the readers here stand beside me. We are way out in front of "bulge" in the normal distribution of smart phone buyers.

The all around versatility of the Treo makes it the winner for me.

As a larger portion of the general population learns to use their phones features - and they witness what can be done with these things, they are going to want a phone that is more like the Treo.

If palm copies the Iphone UI and makes the screen bigger they will be fine.
    Also, keep attracting the younger buyers. The centro will accomplish that.

I predicted the foleo outcome.

The open nature of the treo along with the form factor is what will save it.
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    If palm copies the Iphone UI and makes the screen bigger they will be fine.
    Also, keep attracting the younger buyers. The centro will accomplish that.
    The younger buyers want the iphone UI and the centro hasn't accomplished that.
    at&t iPhone3G
  12.    #13  
    Quote Originally Posted by ghiscott View Post
    The only thing good about the Iphone is the size of the screen.
    you must have not used the iphone long enough. I know the iphone is not a smarthphone but you can't beat its web browser, and multimedia implementation( ipod, video, you tube etc).