Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    septimus in his article points out that the photos from PDAFrance clearly show Orange France as being the carrier but that doesn't necessarily mean Orange will be selling the Centro. It could be it was an unlocked phone and the person happened to have an Orange SIM to hand. Orange UK used to sell the Treo 600 and maybe even the 650 but they dropped them a long time ago, can't really see them selling Palm products again. Palm's main carrier in Europe at the moment is Vodafone but they are very unlikely to take a Palm OS based device.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    CDMA first, GSM somewhere between late and never.

Of course, one cannot force Palm to support GSM. Apparently, one cannot get Palm to do much of anything. I used to think that they were sneaky and devious; that is what I thought about George Bush. Now I think that they are simply incompetent; just like George Bush.
    Maybe.

I'm curious at what official relationship Sprint and Palm have. It seems to be they get first dibs on Palm's latest--whether that is contractual or habitual, we don't know.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Maybe.

I'm curious at what official relationship Sprint and Palm have. It seems to be they get first dibs on Palm's latest--whether that is contractual or habitual, we don't know.
    Palm is on the bottom.
    Palm is on the bottom.
    Dude, seriously, we have to rename you Debbie Downer.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Dude, seriously, we have to rename you Debbie Downer.
    Under the circumstances, it is really hard to be the cheerleader. I just calls 'em as I sees 'em.
    I was excited for the upgrade to my Treo 750 (WM6 Pro, 320x320, thinner form factor, possibility of GPS) but with the new HP 914c, I think I found my next device.
    The "Treo" branding *is* on this device. I wonder if it will stay.
    Of course it will! It's the Palm 500 after all!
    Quote Originally Posted by user View Post
    Of course it will! It's the Palm 500 after all!
    Good call! I wondered what had happened to the 500.
    Don't forget Sprint will be rolling out their WiMAX "XOHM" in Q4 2007. I would expect Palm, if they are not completely stupid, to have a device in the works for WiMax on Sprint. We already know the Nokia N800 internet tablet (running Maemo Linux) will support it next year.
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Don't forget Sprint will be rolling out their WiMAX "XOHM" in Q4 2007. I would expect Palm, if they are not completely stupid, to have a device in the works for WiMax on Sprint. We already know the Nokia N800 internet tablet (running Maemo Linux) will support it next year.
    And the Great Pumpkin will rise out of the Pumpkin Patch.
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    I was excited for the upgrade to my Treo 750 (WM6 Pro, 320x320, thinner form factor, possibility of GPS) but with the new HP 914c, I think I found my next device.
    Wonder why the Hp does not give us a CDMA version for Sprint and Verizon users?
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    Perhaps, while Palm is in denial, HP knows that GSM is where the consumers are? Because, unlike Palm, HP does not have a death wish?
    Quote Originally Posted by chodaboy View Post
    Well, they have not abandoned their plans altogether but the date is now 2008 and xlippng. Keep your options open. As a traveler, I plan to stay with EVDO because build out of xohm might take as long as AT&T UMTS. I appreciate when the carriers tell us about their plans but I prefer to make my decisions based upon what they really do. I learned that from trying to deal with Palm. But I am not bitter, just old and experienced.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    HP doesn't have a small cap like Palm, doesn't NEED customers like Palm as printers and servers are their main business, and CDMA is incredibly expensive to do custom development for (Sprint, VZW, Alltel, etc. all slightly tweak their devices).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    Perhaps, while Palm is in denial, HP knows that GSM is where the consumers are? Because, unlike Palm, HP does not have a death wish?
    that was a dumb thing to say
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by pump142 View Post
    that was a dumb thing to say
    There are an order of magnitude more GSM users than those using the US system. Not saying it's better, but it is a much bigger market.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    oh yeah ...the site is gonna look like HoFo soon...
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    When Perry has given up on Palm, they should get the message.
    When Perry has given up on Palm, they should get the message.
    Does he have an iPhone?

Surur
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast