Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    mikecc has remained suspiciously silent.
    Flash demos, reviews of PDA and smartphone apps and contests at Palm Discovery . How to do Palm resets. T/T2/T3/Treo screws
    Quote Originally Posted by maceyr View Post
    mikecc has remained suspiciously silent.
    ???

Some people here have a life.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    One other thing we should blame is there was no competition in the smartphone category in the past. Palm was the most innovative company back in the late 90s - it came up with Palm Pilot while Apple was dropping the Newton. It (HandSpring actually) came up with the first Palm powered Visor Phone. Palm was basically dominating the smartphone market. There was no iphone, no moto Q, no HTC. BB back then was just a stand alone email device. And you know what the problem was - the smartphone market was too small and no one else wanted a piece of it.

Today, Palm is still holding strong in the smartphone category, at least in the comsumer market. I asked my friends who ever used a BB and Treo, most of them said the Treo is much better. The number 1 reason they are still using BB is because it's required by their jobs.

My conclusion for things to blame? Past: no competition. Now: Blackberry. Future: iPhone.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
    One other thing we should blame is there was no competition in the smartphone category in the past. ...My conclusion for things to blame? Past: no competition. Now: Blackberry. Future: iPhone.
    So let me understand... in the past, we are supposed to "blame" the fact that there was no competition. And now that there is (and will continue to be) competition (BB, Apple, HTC), we are supposed to blame the competition. That is to say, there is always something or someone else to blame (even when there isn't), and we should never blame Palm itself. It sounds like you went to the Palm School for Ostriches, CEO's and Marketing. You must be positioning yourself for a job at Palm in Investor Relations.

Blaming is for incompetents. Palm needs to be doing, performing, not blaming... and we, as customers, have been and will be voting, with our feet and $$.

Its just sad to see old friends do stupid things to themselves...
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12