Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Hey all,

My wife connected her 700p cradle to the wall to give it power, then she connected the USB cable to her laptop. As soon as the usb cable touched the usb port, she said that the computer went completely black (shut off) and would not turn on..

About 10 minutes later, it started up.... The laptop seems to be fine now -- any idea what happened? How would she prevent it?

Thanks a ton!,

Matt!
    Global Posts
    860 Global Posts
    Which cradle? What manufacturer? The 700P does not come with a cradle.
    Visor Deluxe->Visor Edge (Upgraded for $100.00 just by giving them the Serial # of my Visor Deluxe plus I got to keep the Deluxe. Those were the days!)-> Palm M-505->M-515->Tungsten T->Zire 72->Treo 650->->Treo 700P->Treo 755P. Plus various replacements. 8130 Pearl....Sorry
    Global Posts
    745 Global Posts
    Hmm..

It says "PDA cradle" made in china... that may be a clue...
    It shouldn't happen if its the palm cradle.
    If its a cheap one off of ebay, then it could happen because of wiring, but its weird.
    Last edited by cadman; 08/28/2007 at 06:46 PM.
    I'd get an OEM cradle or one from another good manufacturer. That's too scary!!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!