Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    I have seen numerous posts regarding particular ringtone requests.....loud, soft, song segment etc....I would like to hear everyones vote (& ? submission) of the single best all around ringtone (MP3 or other format) that they have heard....given all criteria, including tone volume, attention grabbing ability,but not too annoying to neighbors etc
    I'm old, and old fashioned. I like the 'Ringer Loud' option. Just sounds like an old fashioned phone ring.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    I always am partial to the Halloween theme in mp3 format.
    My current ringtone is the music from the iphone commercials.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    super mario bro's!

had it on my N-Gage, had it on my Treo 600, 650, and now my 680! It is THE BEST Ringtone ever!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    The CTU ring from 24. =]
    Follow Me On

These are from MotionApps for use with mRing (a VERY GOOD app), but can be used as any mp3 file. http://www.motionapps.com/mring/buy_ringtones.jsp
    I like to use a lot of different ring tones. Thats one of the reasons I dig my Treo. I use the opening riff of "Bucks Boogie" as my general ringtone. (Blue Oyster Cult for you youngsters) The Looney Tunes theme for my wife. One of my best friends I gave the 3 Stooges "Hello, hello, hello" and I use the "ringer loud" for unknown callers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    The CTU ring from 24. =]
    +1

http://discuss.treocentral.com/showthread.php?t=134226
    Quote Originally Posted by StoneOfLove View Post
    I like to use a lot of different ring tones. Thats one of the reasons I dig my Treo. I use the opening riff of "Bucks Boogie" as my general ringtone. (Blue Oyster Cult for you youngsters) The Looney Tunes theme for my wife. One of my best friends I gave the 3 Stooges "Hello, hello, hello" and I use the "ringer loud" for unknown callers.
    Which program are you using ringo pro or ringcare?
    MiniTones to import.

I edit my songs with audacity to length, and downgrade the bit rate with iTunes to 128. I have had trouble with mp3's playing when they are at 256vbr.

Minitones will cut the songs to length, but I like audacity and it cuts the file size before transferring to the phone.

I have a 680, and ringo pro messed up the phone when I tried it. Many 680 users had the same problems I had. Not sure if they updated and fixed, but now that I've got Minitones, I don't care!!
    yeah but to use them for individual contacts don't you have to set up favorites, then assign ringtones to that favorite?
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Margaritaville baby! Takes me back to the beach everytime my phone rings!
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
    Global Posts
    149 Global Posts
    where might one find this super mario ringtone?
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    yeah but to use them for individual contacts don't you have to set up favorites, then assign ringtones to that favorite?
    Is this question directed at me??

If so, I'll say no because I haven't any idea what a "favorite" is.

On the 680, each contact has the option to select ringtone. You also have the option to select a ringtone for each catagory of contacts. I'm under the impression that this has not always been true of the Treo line. But since the 680 is my first Treo I'm not sure if that is the case or not.
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    It depends on which Treo you're using. On the 650, you need to set up a favorites button to have custom ringtones. On the 680, you can set up custom ringtones from the contacts app for every contact.
    Thats what I thought, thanks Christina!
    Quote Originally Posted by Syphon View Post
    The CTU ring from 24. =]
    Great ringtone, but not loud enough for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Christinac130 View Post
    On the 680, you can set up custom ringtones from the contacts app for every contact.
    Same with the 700p.

Close family and friends all have their own ring tone that reminds me of them (e.g., my wife's is our wedding song). Others already in my contacts list get the Looney Tunes ringtone, only because I'm a big Bugs Bunny fan and it's good and loud. Unknown callers get the "Unique" ringtone.
    Global Posts
    92 Global Posts
    This thread just inspired me to do something I've been putting off for far too long. I'm going to edit out the bridge sections (very melodic, no vocals) of a few Zeppelin songs to set as my ring tones. I'm thinking When The Levee Breaks, In The Light, and either Carousleambra or Rain Song...
    about three phones ago I had a Zep song in midi format set as my ringtone. I would just start rocking out to the "wacky" version of Zep I was hearing and ignore the fact that it was coming from MY phone! LOL

Changed it after a couple of days....
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast