Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    jump ship to the iPhone now that it kinda supports 3rd party applications and is unlocked?

Im considering it, unlikely though at the current time, but still... a thought.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    jump ship from what?
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Palm
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    I think, going from a 680, you are probably not losing too much by going iPhone.

Surur
    Don't like the feel of the iPhone so I wont be jumping ship regardless of 3rd party apps and unlocked.
    Treo Lineage: 600 -> 650p -> 700p -> 755p -> 700wx
    Currently Using: 700wx | 800w | Moto Q9c | Mogul

Exchange 2003 ActiveSync WM5.0: 2068 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.0: 50 Users
    Exchange 2007 ActiveSync WM6.1: 2 Users
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I think, going from a 680, you are probably not losing too much by going iPhone.
    A usable keyboard, for a start.
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Do it. Unless you're satisfied with owning a PDA with a VGA camera and edge in '07..
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    I will jump when the next gen comes out, if my same sim chip can be used and removed.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    I won't jump unless it's 3G and with a keyboard.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    well T-Mobile won't have the same 3G as AT&T so that doesn't really matter to me- but the fixed keyboard and 3rd party applications sure do!
    Aaron M. Fisher

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Quote Originally Posted by tirk View Post
    A usable keyboard, for a start.

yep -- though the iPhone is admirable in lots of ways, I gots to have me a real, live, physical keyboard.
    755P Sprint SERO (upgraded from unlocked GSM 650 on T-Mobile)
    I prefer a physical thumb-board, especially for one-handed typing. Tested the iPhone virtual keyboard and my personal error rate was very high (3x longer to type same message).
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    I'm planning to switch to the q9m.
    Not switching. Staying with Palm and staying with Sprint.
    Na, I'm staying put with the 755 for now. The iPhone needs somw refinement before I'll bite. I have to admit the browser is phenomanal, borderlining kickass compared to blazer but that is just one feature. I'm watching the iP with intrest...
    Even if it does support 3rd party officially, it still has no TomTom and no replacable battery. I doubt it plays movie better than my n800. Oh wait, it does play youtube better than my n800 but that's about it.
    It's real purdy...but I think productivity would suffer without the keyboard
    to me the iphone is a real expensive toy. unable to edit document on the phone and weak PIM kills it for me.
    Visor Deluxe (Ice), Platinum (Black), Prism w/ Visor Fone, treo 270, treo 600, Unlocked GSM Pa1mOne branded treo 650, Palm branded Unlocked treo 680 (graphite), UBiQUiO 503g, & now HTC TyTNII TMO
    The iPhone is NOT a fully functional smartphone. More like a very nice fun phone with a few usable functions. Don't jump ship if you're not with ATT and already have a full smartphone. If you are with ATT and you can swing 2 lines, then I'd say give it a try. Not as a replacement, but for what it is. But DON'T get rid of your Treo, you WILL need it.
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
    I can't wait to see the clones. If they beat Apple at their own game, like 3G and ability to add apps and memory cards, I'm on board!

And you're right, it's a video/music phone and I did not abandon my smartphones for it. I don't know how people can think this will even replace a Blackberry, I'm not sure it even syncs to office email. I think they've said Exchange sync "will be added", but nothing definite. And no call manager(as in get rid of useless callers) and no ability to add one. No serious office software as far as I can see. If this is mobile OS X, Apple needs to release some of it's desktop apps for the iPhone!
    HP has officially ruined it's own platform and kicked webOS loyalists and early TouchPad adopters to the curb. You think after you drop it like a hot potato and mention it made no money and is costing you money, anyone else wants it??? Way to go HP!!

And some people are fools to keep believing their hype. HP has shown they will throw webOS under the bus and people are still having faith in them??? News flash: if it's own company won't stand behind it, it's finished!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast