1.    #1  
    Hello, I am going to be a Treo user very soon. I am going with the 700x/wx. I want the Windows OS only because I am used to it on my Axim X5 advanced. Also, I am not familiar at all with the Palm OS platform, nor is there a way (that I am aware of) to demo it. (As in see how it works online thru my PC)

I have found several places that carry new, never opened of this model for around $350. I cannot WAIT to get this thing. This is going to be my biggest leap ever as far as cell phones go....
    enjoy the experience, i hope it works out for you.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    It's been my best winmobile device to date. Have fun with it.
    I'm sure you'll love it. Regardless of all the rumblings here about it (and just about everthing else...LOL), I am very happy with mine. Have had it about 6 months now. I guess the bottom line is this... after 6 months, I still cannot think of a phone I'd rather have. To me, that's the true test.

-Frank
    get the wx.
    Felipe
    On the road to 5,000 posts
    Life is what happens between Firmware releases.
  6.    #6  
    Whats the difference between the w, and the wx?
    Quote Originally Posted by OBXJeepGuy View Post
    Whats the difference between the w, and the wx?
    The wx has double the memory of the w. As it turns out, this is very important to performance.

-Frank
    Personally if I went for a Windows mobile device, I'd go for the Motorola Q based on size.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    Q is too wide, doesn't last half a day with the battery and constantly locks up. After being replaced four times, verizon gave my neighbor a wx and he loves it.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    check out treo 750, it's lighter than 700wx and without the antenna. you can get it much cheaper with a contract.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by nojok3 View Post
    Personally if I went for a Windows mobile device, I'd go for the Motorola Q based on size.
    IMO, the Q is a cheap piece of plastic that makes phone calls... assuming the keypad doesn't stick or double-stroke.

Sorry, everyone's got an opinion, right?

-Frank
    Quote Originally Posted by Frankxs View Post
    IMO, the Q is a cheap piece of plastic that makes phone calls... assuming the keypad doesn't stick or double-stroke.

Sorry, everyone's got an opinion, right?

-Frank
    And you are entitled to your opinion. I don't have that much experience with the Q and didn't pay attention to many of the reviews (because I bought a 755p) so forgive me that I don't know all the problems.

I guess you could say the same about some of the Treos as well though.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products