Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    Plam just responded to Engadget one more time : The foleo has been canceled.

Can't get a response anymore clear then that.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    Perry is gone. He would not recognize a Treo 800 or 900 if he fell over it. The really sad part is that neither would Palm. 2008, Dieter? 2007, game over. Palm is now nothing more than a curiosity.

Thank god for Apple.
    Your reference to apple is apropos - Apple looked about the same as Palm does now at their lowest. Only - will these new board members be able to ride in and save the day like Steve Jobs?
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Plam just responded to Engadget one more time : The foleo has been canceled.

Can't get a response anymore clear then that.
    A mature manager has fired someone, closed a location, or killed a product. It is a mark of maturity because it is difficult to do. It is a necessary but not sufficient demonstration of maturity. One must survive the act. Killing a product is difficult but not as difficult as delivering one.
    Quote Originally Posted by whmurray View Post
    A mature manager has fired someone, closed a location, or killed a product. It is a mark of maturity because it is difficult to do. It is a necessary but not sufficient demonstration of maturity. One must survive the act. Killing a product is difficult but not as difficult as delivering one.
    Fair enough. So we need to see multiple, consistent acts. Canceling the foleo was act one. Two new phones, new forms, act 2. As for the rest only time will tell.
    da Gimp

Please note: My spelling sucks and I'm to lazy to check it.
    Quote Originally Posted by B-model View Post
    Fair enough. So we need to see multiple, consistent acts. Canceling the foleo was act one. Two new phones, new forms, act 2. As for the rest only time will tell.
    Must be "new" in the sense of novel. Re-packaging of old products probably does not succeed. Simply recombining, repackaging, and repricing old features probably does not succeed.

Palm still has not delivered features and functions that "Perry" identified literally years ago. New forms must follow new function. By that test the iPhone is new and Palm has not delivered a new product since the 600. (Many of their recent "products" should be seen as "crippled" rather than new. I will not list the crippling moves for fear of redirecting the thread from a discussion of management to another war over features.)
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345