1.    #1  
    I don't post much here, but have been lurking here since 2004. I have had every treo since the Treo 180. Some I have bought multiple times after breaking or losing them. I have officially left the treo platform and have no desire to return. I have a Mogul now and am quite happy with it. The reason for this thread is I am curious how many other people have divorced their treos and moved to the "Dark Side." It seems like alot of the people that post here alot are moving from the treo to something else. So what device did you change to and what were your reasons for changing?
    Why do you have to use the word "we"? Sound like somebody is bitter...

(for the record, I now have a PalmOS, a UIQ3 and a VM5 phones. I am not bias toward any particular platform. But I do see alot of angry posts pop up recently.)
  3.    #3  
    I used the word "we" because their is more than one party involved. I am not bitter at all, just got tired of waiting for palm to "catch up." So I found something that works better. Nothing to be bitter about, I just don't like Palm anymore.
    I went from a 6700 --> 650 --> 6700 --> 700wx --> Moto Q --> 700wx

lol

Did you try the Sprint 700wx? It's a very solid device, imo, as far as WM devices go. More memory than the Mogul too. The 6700 and Moto Q were okay, but they are amateurish in a lot of ways.

The POS is quite outdated, no argument there. They are attempting to rectify it with Linux/POSII but that obviously can't come fast enough. Even when it does, there will be that 6 month gap of no-new software for it till the community catches up, just like when the 6700 came out (1st WM5 device). That was brutal.

All I can say is keep an eye for the 800w and 800p. They may still make a comeback, maybe not.

Personally, I hope they do. I like competition and would like to see an iPhone, WM and POS II playing field.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Yeah I bought a 700wx, twice in fact. it was definitely the best treo. the PDA phones I have used are as follows, separated by carrier: Sprint: treo 180,300, 650, 700p, 6700, 700wx, 755p, Mogul.
    Verizon: Treo 600, 650, Kyocera 7135, Treo 700w.
    Cingular: Treo 600, 650, Blackjack, Blackberry Pearl, HTC S620, Treo 680.
    T-Mobile: Blackberry Pearl. so I have given Palm a fair shot. The treo 700wx is a great device, it just doesn't have wifi, enough storage space, big enough screen, or no antenna. if palm can solve that and give us WM6 I may give them a chance.
    Fair enough.

The Treo 700 series is long in the tooth (nearing 20 months) so those are quite valid critiques.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    I don't post much here, but have been lurking here since 2004. I have had every treo since the Treo 180. Some I have bought multiple times after breaking or losing them. I have officially left the treo platform and have no desire to return. I have a Mogul now and am quite happy with it. The reason for this thread is I am curious how many other people have divorced their treos and moved to the "Dark Side." It seems like alot of the people that post here alot are moving from the treo to something else. So what device did you change to and what were your reasons for changing?
    Went to the BB8830
    Went to it for lack of lag and size! Will try the Linux Treo and maybe the 800W.

Palm does need to get their act together. I do appreciate Palm's quick response and I am thankful to engadget for posting our frustrations.
    Global Posts
    18 Global Posts
    If I didn't have a Treo 755p I'd probably go with the BB 8830.
    the "dark side?"

more like the "bright side!"

i said goodbye to Palm and their Treos some while ago and continue to try/test out new devices as they come to market. for what i need a device for the outdated form-factor of the Treo (bulky, heavy) didn't do it for me given the Blackberry Pearl's release at the time. as you have read, more and more users are making that same jump to other more slim devices (blackberry, htc, motorola) because those alternative devices seem to be meeting their needs for the most part. slim is in and i've been saying this for some while now (why carry a brick when you don't have to) and many around here seem to validate that statement.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Global Posts
    389 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dbarrett5381 View Post
    Yeah I bought a 700wx, twice in fact. it was definitely the best treo. the PDA phones I have used are as follows, separated by carrier: Sprint: treo 180,300, 650, 700p, 6700, 700wx, 755p, Mogul.
    Verizon: Treo 600, 650, Kyocera 7135, Treo 700w.
    Cingular: Treo 600, 650, Blackjack, Blackberry Pearl, HTC S620, Treo 680.
    T-Mobile: Blackberry Pearl. so I have given Palm a fair shot. The treo 700wx is a great device, it just doesn't have wifi, enough storage space, big enough screen, or no antenna. if palm can solve that and give us WM6 I may give them a chance.

Please don't take this as a flame but you have had alot of phones over the last few years. Maybe you are looking for the holy grail of pda phones?

Is the mogul or pearl the perfect pda phone?
    Lenny

Ice Visor Deluxe-->Treo 90-->Treo 650--> Treo 700p-->Burgundy Treo 755p -->Onyx Centro--> Pre Minus--> Pixi Minus

[Once I lost my corkscrew in Africa. We had to live on food and water for 2 weeks.....Ernest Hemmingway
  11.    #11  
    i'm not really looking for the holy grail of phones. I just love technology so I love to try out new phones. That being said, the treo would be the holy grail of phones if they just made a few changes. but instead they choose to sit back and watch every other manufacturer pass them by.
    yep. nailed it, dbarrett.