1.    #1  
    Did you guys see the latest article on the Foleo? The release of this piece of garbage was delayed. What makes this so interesting is the reason why: it won't sync with the Treo!!!

Gee, isn't that the main purpose of this device? To have "seamless integration" and be the perfect "mobile companion?" One would figure that this would be the one thing that would work correctly, long BEFORE they announced the device (and what, like 2 years after development).
    Palm V --> Clie 610 --> Kyocera 7135 --> Treo 600 ("verizonfied") --> Treo 650 ("verizonfied") --> Vz Treo 700p -->AT&T Tilt
    Palm seems to be run by a group of incompetents.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Hmm my Palm 755p appears to be still functioning.. I can still get email, surf the web, play games, use the TomTom.. I suppose I better just throw it away though, its going to stop working any second now.

Global Posts
    184 Global Posts
    FUD,anyone?
    The release of this piece of garbage was delayed.
    Link please?
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Never mind, just saw the link.

Front Page TreoCentral News:
    http://www.treocentral.com/content/Stories/1315-1.htm
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Palm is not dead...just listing without propulsion. I'm not counting them out...I'm just not buying another Garnet device.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by GalenMD View Post
    The release of this piece of garbage was delayed.
    As you think it's a piece of garbage why do you care if/when it's released or what it can/can't do

It's not like Palm have gambled their entire future on that one product.
    Global Posts
    565 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    As you think it's a piece of garbage why do you care if/when it's released or what it can/can't do

It's not like Palm have gambled their entire future on that one product.
    But they have. I see the Foleo as a Trojan horse of sorts. It will allow them to validate Linux on their platforms in an "open forum" sort of thing.

The other component is that this is the only piece of innovation they are commiting to for a while. The upcoming devices from them (Centro anyone?) are underwhelming, I'd dare say they are now walking backwards instead of leaping forward.

Just take the HTC example. They are innovating in almost every direction. I am not saying all of their products are wonderfull but they are diversifying quite well. Others are trying to follow that mark, including Palm but Palm is failing terribly.
    Ode to the Treo Pro: you had to look so good, you had to be HTC in disguise...