1.    #1  
    Not sure if any of you guys have seen this picture before but I was looking around hofo earlier and I came upon this.....
    http://www.qwertybar.com/misc/treogood.jpg.

The idea seems pretty good doesn't it? I mean Palm COULD do it if they really wanted to. The concept seems possible even though this picture is ridiculously photoshopped, any takers?
    I think that's an old mockup.

And no Palm will not do something people want, like a big screen. The next Treo will look exactly the same as the previous Treo and and the previous Treo before that.
    ^ That's the unfortunate part.
    Quote Originally Posted by untouchablez View Post
    The idea seems pretty good doesn't it? I mean Palm COULD do it if they really wanted to. The concept seems possible even though this picture is ridiculously photoshopped, any takers?
    What do you mean "any takers"? I (and tons of other people) would sure love to have something like this but can't do anything about it - and Palm certainly isn't interested in advancing Treo design in any significant way, as history shows.
    Maybe Palm is just not trendy. Lots of Palm users are still happy with their 600s and 650s. I'd love a new super snazzy gizmo from Palm too. But their strength seems to be functionality not flash.
    I dont think that design is feasible...the ear speaker would have to have more room unless it can reside behind the screen. Even the iPhone has more real estate between the top of the device and the top of the screen. Wishful thinking, though...!
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    people still like their treo 600, 650 because they haven't changed much. you have to look closer to the keyboard to tell if it's 600,650, or 700. palm just believe their is so good that they might want to use the same form factor in the next few years so that the treo 600 users will still be happy.
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    The issues with this in landscape would be too much to endure. HTCs slide out KB+landscape has serious ease of use issues, one-handedness to mention the obvious. Samsung's i730 ran into the same probs as this photo would pose, not to mention the imbalanced state create by such a looong device. The Q & BJ are awesome, but suffer from from width/screen limitations and due to hand comfort issues. iPhone is best except for one tiny little problem called virtual keyboard.

Palm and all the rest are playing one tradeoff game or another. For me the Treo form really is excellent. Now if Palm would just get into the 21st century with the hardware.

I still very much miss my T3 screenand would love to have it too. But, I can't really see how and still get the one handed usage of my 680.
    Patrick Horne