1.    #1  
    What is the difference between the Tungsten E and E2?

Can't find the difference on Palm's info. My wife may be interested in one, but wants Docs to Go (is it included, or at least compatible). She also wants a bluetooth (or IR) external keyboard.

Any thoughts?

(Hope this is in the right place)

Thanks!
    "Everybody Palm!"

Palm III/IIIC, Palm Vx, Verizon: Treo 650, Centro, Pre+.
    Leo killed my future Pre 3 & Opal, dagnabitt!
    Should I buy a Handspring Visor instead?
    Got a Pre2! "It eats iPhones for Breakfast"!
    The E2 has bluetooth!
  3.    #3  
    That's it? No other differences? Thanks!

So if she gets a used E she could use a non-BT IR keyboard.
    "Everybody Palm!"

Get the E2! Get the bluetooth keyboard! You don't want to have to mess with lining up a wand every time you want to type. With a BT keyboard, simply turn it on and start typing. Also BT would allow you to use GPS, hotsync wirelessly, and a few other things I can't remember right now.
    E2 has Bluetooth and NVFS. E has regular RAM and no BT.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    I think standard RAM is a reason to get the E instead of E2. I would buy a Treo with standard RAM over an NVFS version. My Treo 600 with standard RAM and a 144MHz CPU felt faster than a 650 with NVFS and 312MHz CPU. Battery life was about the same and there were no white screen "hangs" while the dbcache was refreshed. I've never had a situation where the battery died and I lost data.
    That's why I got a Zodiac instead of a T5 or TX. BackupBuddy VFS Free works perfectly to back up to a SD card, so even if my battery dies, I can be up and running within a minute of recharging as if nothing ever happened.

Battery life in the TE was never very good... if the TE2's is better, that might tip the balance toward putting up with NVFS.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
    In addition to the NVFS and BT difference, T|E has Docs to Go v.6.000 which is broken and must be upgraded to 6.008, E2 has 7.000 and broken Find functionality that cannot be fixed as neither device has flashable ROM. Whichever you end up with, make sure to apply all relevant updates, particularly DST.

T|E uses Desktop 4.1.4 while E2 uses the newer (non-downloadable) Desktop and Hotsync Manager. If you get the E2, make sure to burn a copy of the CD.
    Global Posts
    605 Global Posts
    The E2 also has the Athena/multiconnector. Be warned that the E2's implementation of the MC does not feature audio input.

Also, the dreaded "find" bug has been fixed on the newer Z22 & TX (as well as all of the recent POS Treos) but not the E2, as detective said.

For the money difference, I'd SERIOUSLY consider the TX instead of the E2. Faster CPU, newer OS & bundled apps, Find bug is fixed, wi-fi, 128mb of RAM and, most importantly, a 320x480 screen.

All you'll really lose from the E2 is the E2's great battery life and its supposedly better screen (did anyone ever determine if the 18-bit screen on the E2 was just Palm marketing hoopla?)

I can say that more than once I had a TX, LifeDrive, and E2 side by side and the E2's LCD looked the best of all of them (and the LD's was the worst).
  10.    #10  
    Thanks for all the comments, keep 'em coming.

My wife lost her job, and therefore her work-supplied Palm and has had to resort to a paper planner. She really wants a palm back, so she put in some bids on e-bay. We'll see if she wins an e, or an e-2, (if either). If she wins both these suggestions will help her decide which one to keep, and which one to put in a drawer or e-bay again herself.

Thanks again!
    "Everybody Palm!"