Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    WM is for advanced users.

Palm is for stubborn-asses.

I mean, it's '07 people.

Learn to let go.
  2.    #22  
    hmmmm . . . .

I don't consider myself stubborn or a dumb *** . . . but maybe I'll have to look at MW the next time I get a new Treo.

ET
    Take a look at StyleTap - http://www.styletap.com/

Ben

Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I take it the Palm programs that a lot of us use will not run on WM?

ET
    Quote Originally Posted by etphoto View Post
    I take it the Palm programs that a lot of us use will not run on WM?

ET
    For most apps these days the developer also makes a WM version. Some will let you use the same registration key for both.

Surur
    WM5 is more powerfull, but I dont think there is a device on offer which can run it quickly enough or has enough memory. I use both a Treo 680 and an Orange M5000 (I've tried 2 other Orange devices as well) They just irratate with their sloth (am constantly stabbingthe screen, waiting for them to react)...even though the Treo doesnt multi task, its so much quicker and more reactive....

The worst bit on WM5 is the browser...its all looks and no go! I'm no fan of Blazer, but I can use sites that my WM5 machine wont go on (despite being 3G - ie why bother making 3G without a decent browser?)

My theory is Bill Gates is an alien....he simply doesnt make stuf for humans....there may be a species somewhere that appreaciates his strange sense of humour....aint found one yet...

D
    Global Posts
    108 Global Posts
    Internet Explorer runs way faster than Blazer; please believe. Not to mention the broad choice of 3rd party browsers you can aquire-- Opera, Minimo, Netfront etc. All of which function much like Desktop browsers. The Treo 700wx's processor is clocked at 312mhz so browsing is relatively snappy (at least from my stand point it is.)

Remember, this is all opinion based. Its ultimately up to [you] the user to be the judge of which OS suites your needs.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dave99 View Post
    My theory is Bill Gates is an alien....he simply doesnt make stuf for humans....there may be a species somewhere that appreaciates his strange sense of humour....aint found one yet...
    That was a secret! You're in trouble now!
    Quote Originally Posted by word View Post
    WM is for advanced users.

Palm is for stubborn-asses.

I mean, it's '07 people.

Learn to let go.
    So Word,

What version of windows on your desktop are you using?

Same difference no?
    I never owned a PDA/Smartphone (except for some Symbian-based Nokia's).
    I want to buy a Treo, but don't know if it is better Palm OS Garnet, Windows Mobile 6 or waiting for Palm's linux-based OS.
    What do you think?

In particular I have questions about Palm OS vs WM:
    1) Which is faster?
    2) Which is more stable? (Which one has fewer resets...)
    3) Which is more responsive?

Thanks.
    Quote Originally Posted by lucanet View Post
    I never owned a PDA/Smartphone (except for some Symbian-based Nokia's).
    I want to buy a Treo, but don't know if it is better Palm OS Garnet, Windows Mobile 6 or waiting for Palm's linux-based OS.
    What do you think?

1) Which is faster?

Thanks.
    None of the above??
    Best treo out there IMHO is the 700wx right now.
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by lucanet View Post
    1) Which is faster?
    PalmOS

That's very dependent on the device you use, and even more so on any additional software you install. Different folks seem to report very different experiences!

For me, PalmOS on Treo 680 has been very solid. In the 8 months I've run this device I've had 6-10 resets, all associated with new third-party software. Sometimes it seems a bit like Windows 3.1; it seems to need to reboot a few times after installing new software, then it works fine!

PalmOS
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    Thanks fro your replies.

I live in Italy and at the moment Palm only sells 650, 680, 750, 750v here...so one of these would be the device.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cadman View Post
    Best treo out there IMHO is the 700wx right now.
    I would have said the 750v, but then I'm a GSM user

If Palm had managed to make a PalmOS, 3G, GSM phone I'd be using that instead
    PalmOS, if you have to ask.
    Game over!
    I've used the Kyocera 6035, i300, i330, i500, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700wx and now the Treo 755.

Everyone at my company who made the switch to the 700wx were overjoyed to return them and go to the 755. It's faster in almost all applications and what web browsing AI do is great on blazer. It's not perfect, but it's the best smartphone I've ever owned and You couldn't get me to change back to WM.
    If you are investing in a smartphone the best OS to go for is WM. This is because it actually has a future, whereas PalmOs 5.x is living on borrowed time, and only supported by a company which many see as rather precarious.

If, in a year time, you get tired of your Treo 750v, you will be able to take your software investment to another device with upgraded specs without too much hassle. Your experience with the OS will also continue to be relevant, which will reduce your lock-in to the Palm Inc company.

If you get a PalmOs Treo, your will be waiting, just like most people on this website, for them to deliver the next great thing, and they have consistently under-delivered. If you had a WM Treo, you could jump ship to the latest HTC, Samsung, Eten, Asus, Motorola or whatever, and will have much more freedom.

If you think more than 12 months into the future, a WM Treo is your best shot.

Surur
    Global Posts
    918 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Eyedeas View Post
    I've used the Kyocera 6035, i300, i330, i500, Treo 300, Treo 600, Treo 650, Treo 700wx and now the Treo 755.

Everyone at my company who made the switch to the 700wx were overjoyed to return them and go to the 755. It's faster in almost all applications and what web browsing AI do is great on blazer. It's not perfect, but it's the best smartphone I've ever owned and You couldn't get me to change back to WM.
    Sigh. Roll on 3G non-WM Treos that work outside of the USA!
    PalmPilot Professional...Palm Vx...Treo 600...Treo 680...HTC Touch HD...iPhone 4S...
    I was a big PalmOS fan since the original Pilot and during my time have experimanted with various forms of windowsce, which I never did quite like.
    But due to constant issues with my 700P, Sprint sent me a 700WX as a replacement by mistake and after using it for week decided to keep it and doubt I will ever go back. It has been much more stable and complete and every app I used on the 700p had a WM equivalent that was better in functionallity. And now that I have made the transition I am no longer locked into being a Palm customer And when it comes time to upgrade I can choose the vendor that has the best inovation.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12