Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    But Palm are not likely to take any notice of any of it.
    Here's a good message to Palm for anyone who doesn't read Engadget:

http://www.engadget.com/2007/08/21/d...-intervention/

My sentiments exactly!

Sorry if someone already posted it....didn't see anything.
    I'd agree 110% with the article, but would add to Palm: DIVERSIFY the product offering. One device/form factor *doesn't* fit all. HTC has dozens of devices of all sizes and shapes and tradeoffs. Can't Palm produce, say, at least 3-4 *very* different devices (slim, flip, with and without QWERTY, slider, etc).
    Why was my post moved here? It has everything to do with the "Future Treo". I don't buy any "cleaning up" excuse. Is this a forum or a blog that Palm owns?
    Quote Originally Posted by Cigarster View Post
    Why was my post moved here? It has everything to do with the "Future Treo". I don't buy any "cleaning up" excuse. Is this a forum or a blog that Palm owns?
    Cause your post was already being discussed in this thread.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Just so y0u know...not everyone checks every sub-cat in the forum. It helps that sometimes people post different discussions in different categories. I don't have the time. Maybe you do go through the whole forum, but most people probably just look at what they are interested in. I am not a regular poster on this site as you can see. But, I am a regular visitor, and when I do put in my two cents in a category I think is correct I expect it to at least be seen. That's why people post in the first place. If you want to go though the whole site and see how many duplicate post are please be my guest. Do it for the rest of the forums in the world too. That's how people get information. thanks for the reply though.

Tom

Edit: Usually when a thread is moved it says "moved" for a day or two..this was just copy/pasted to this thread as a post. It's a little weird and annoying. I like your homepage though (EeZe). Really..not being an a@@...I understand what your saying.
    Last edited by Cigarster; 08/22/2007 at 02:28 AM.
    Perhaps leave some pointer links in the other forums?

In any case, a copy of this letter should be on the front page.
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    they could slide a version of our current keyboard out the bottom.
    I dont think I disagree with anything the article said.
    Its now or never time for Palm.

And a good start would be FIX MY 700P ROM NOW!!!
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Quote Originally Posted by johncc View Post
    But Palm are not likely to take any notice of any of it.
    So True...
    I think people would be much more positive toward what Palm has now, (old OS and form factor), it they "just worked." Palm obviously has had some quality control problems, both in the hardware and software. They have done a poor job in addressing and correcting these problems and need to make some major changes real quick.

They are going to have to quickly spend some money to 1) put out a new, cutting-edge device and/or 2) make good on the devices they have, particularly the 700P. Maybe they need some more developers or maybe they will need to work overtime and weekends to fix their existing problems while at the same time developing something new. Or maybe they will just need to suck up the loss of the 700 and give owner incentives for a replacement. The incentive and new device will need to be good enough to overcome the negative feelings of the current Palm customer base.
    Just so y0u know...not everyone checks every sub-cat in the forum. I don't have the time. Maybe you do go through the whole forum, but most people probably just look at what they are interested in.
    I simply click "New Posts" when I get here... Allows quick scanning of all the sub-forums for the new stuff...
    "Whenever I feel like exercise I lie down until the feeling passes."
    -Robert Maynard Hutchins

Palm Pilot 1000 -> Philips Nino -> Handspring Visor Deluxe -> Alltel Kyocera 7135 -> Cingular Treo 650 -> AT&T Blackjack II -> AT&T Treo 750 & Epix
    Cigarster,

Your thread was merged not copied to this one as it is the same topic. vBulletin does not leave a link for merged threads that were merged.
    Just so y0u know...not everyone checks every sub-cat in the forum. It helps that sometimes people post different discussions in different categories. I don't have the time. Maybe you do go through the whole forum, but most people probably just look at what they are interested in. I am not a regular poster on this site as you can see. But, I am a regular visitor, and when I do put in my two cents in a category I think is correct I expect it to at least be seen. That's why people post in the first place. If you want to go though the whole site and see how many duplicate post are please be my guest. Do it for the rest of the forums in the world too. That's how people get information. thanks for the reply though.

Tom

Edit: Usually when a thread is moved it says "moved" for a day or two..this was just copy/pasted to this thread as a post. It's a little weird and annoying. I like your homepage though (EeZe). Really..not being an a@@...I understand what your saying.
    True true. I see what you're saying. I am pretty new to this forum too. I've been a regular at SprintUsers for a while so that was handled differently then I've seen. Thanks for the compliment too. Going to do a big update in look since I'll be getting iLife '08 soon.

Back to what Engadget pointed out. It's definitely "tough love" as it was stated. Palm made great stuff but it's been lagging behind the rest of the industry for a little while now. I'd love to see them get out of it.
    LG TP 1100 -> Sanyo SCP-5150 -> LG PM-325 -> Nokia 1100 -> Motorola v557 -> Treo 755p -> HTC EVO 4G

Sprint customer since 2001
    Look at all the 'Smartphones' that copied the Treo's form factor. Do you see a flip BB? Or a Slider BB? The Treo's form factor is emulated in almost every offering out there...MotoQ, BlackJack, BB, even the sliders have been forced to have a full qwerty board (remember when they were all graphiti). There is nothing wrong with the form factor other than its thickness and screen size. I dont disagree that a slider may/may not be beneificial to some, but the Treo got its success for its original form factor. And now, others are too. Theyre just using a modified version of what the Treo started.
    Quote Originally Posted by BMIC50 View Post
    Look at all the 'Smartphones' that copied the Treo's form factor.
    I think they were copying the very successful crackberry, not the Treo.

Surur
    Quote Originally Posted by surur View Post
    I think they were copying the very successful crackberry, not the Treo.
    Surur
    I agree as I believe the first RIM devices were in use before the Treo180/180g. Handspring/Palm did innovate by making the Treo line narrower and more pocketable than Crackberry, rose the bar by adding color in the Treo300 and rose it again with the 320x320 resolution in the 650. That's when everything stopped.

I used to flaunt what I could do with the 300/600/650/700 and trash talk my coworkers' Blackberrys, so the line from the article which summed it up best for me was
    ...our loyalty has practically become an embarrassment among peers.
    IMHO the Curve is a very worthy competitor to the 700p and better in some ways. If the rumors are true, the next Curve will have 3G or WiFi with streaming video support. I think that would put it way over the Treo unless Palm learns to innovate again. With an 18+ month product cycle, it really is now or never.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Way to talk out of both ends at the same time.

This forum can hardly be called "a blog that Palm owns"...

CLICK HERE

The engadget letter is nothing but old news... I did not see anything new in that letter... people like us have dogged palm to the ground over the past five to seven years... nothing has changed at palm... they can't hear us....
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
    Quote Originally Posted by ronbo2000 View Post
    Cigarster,

Your thread was merged not copied to this one as it is the same topic. vBulletin does not leave a link for merged threads that were merged.
    ...and I'm 90% sure there's no way to make it do that.

We try to keep threads of discussion in the same ..thread! Otherwise the forums would turn into double-post madness.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12