1.    #1  
    whats the best way to save some MP3 files on RAM rather then on the SD card?

I want to use mp3 files for alarms via butler but i would rather put in ram incase the treo looses connection with sd card

i tried emailing them to myself and smsing them to myself and neither are working

i also emailed and saved to card then tried to copy to ram, still cannot find

cant put mp3 on RAM.. grrr

should i try to hotsync?

Try FileZ or resco explorer. RingCare & Buzz will do it too.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
  3.    #3  
    I tried to copy from card to ram via resco explorer and it says it went but I can't find in ram via resco n ptunes says that it can't play file
  4.    #4  
    I was able to find in a rescoexplorer folder in ram, moved to built in folder called audio... butler now doesn't show file when I select internal... only shows the two mp3 files that are on ROM
    The only file types that can go in RAM (with Palm OS) are .prc, .pdb, and the obsolete .pqa, unless your device has a "virtual SD card" partition in RAM.
    "Yeah, he can talk. It's gettin' him to shut up that's the trick!"
    -Shrek
  6.    #6  
    i converted the mp3 files into pdb files and all is working ok now on ram, now i have 3 pdb files on ram to use for my alarms, incase the phone looses the card
    As long as the MP3s are using a constant bitrate you can use either MiniTones or MusicTones on your Treo to just clip the portion of teh MP3 you want to use. This can save a lot of space.
  8.    #8  
    ya i u used audactiy and make a 40 sec snap of an mp3 to use with butler alarms, then i converted it using PAR.... now its an pdb file in which ptunes recognizes on ram and butler can use for playing an alarm
    Global Posts
    93 Global Posts
    Audacity rocks! I do most of my transfers to the device via ActiveSync.

CLICK HERE

Quote Originally Posted by npbeers View Post
    As long as the MP3s are using a constant bitrate...
    is that what it is??!!!

I thought it was 256 vs 128, when all along it was constant vs. VBR.

Thank you, thank you, and thank you!

Oh yeah, Minitones rocks!