1.    #1  
    800p Wish List
    (assume that all features on the 755p are still there and this list is just upgrades)

This is what i think would make the best new palm smartphone. Some features may be available already through 3rd party software but i would like to see them pre-installed. If you have another feature in mind or a better idea for one of my bulleted items then let me know.

o Looks like 755p

o 802.11 G WI-Fi support without need for a card that takes up your SD card slot!!!!

o 2100 mAh battery, or at least one bigger than the 755 has

o A faster Processor, at least a faster one than the 650 has

o 256 MB total memory (128MB user accessible) or at least more than the 700 series has

o Quad-Band GSM/GPRS/EDGE/HSDPA for GSM version

o CDMA2000/EvDo Rev A for CDMA version

o Up to 16GB SD card supported (thanks cinealta)

o 3.2 MP camera w/ 3x digital zoom, light filter and flash

o 480x480 TFT 24-bit color display (same size just higher resolution)

o Bluetooth 2.1 (thanks cinealta), and ability to use high quality Bluetooth stereo headphones (A2DP)

o Streaming and embedded video support (Kimona installed maybe)

o Core player installed, use for AVI videos and DVDs and have dvd2mobile like software in box

o Voice activated calling feature, and voice memo feature

o call recording feature

o java scripts supported in browser

o Real time stock ticker, RSS reader, and live weather program

o Visual voicemail similar to iPhone

o Music tones like program ability through the sound application so you can turn your MP3s into ring tones

o Full dual SIM card support (one behind battery. Two voice lines, one phone)

o Rubber strips on sides to enhance grip

o Ability to send instant messages (through the most popular IM clients), email and txt messages more easily through the messaging client (ability to sign in with your screen name)

o Video out ability, cable that can connect from the bottom of the treo into a TV or projector’s composite inputs

o Spell checker in the messaging application

o Slingbox software installed

o Ability to assign specific ring tones to specific contacts, contact categories, and specific SIM card

o Universal TV remote function using the IR port (multi-device)

o Simultaneous voice & data capability (thanks cinealta)

o Built-in SiRFstar 3 (WAAS-enabled) GPS (thanks cinealta) use with google maps application

o Palm OS with true pre-emptive multi-tasking (for prioritized background processing) (thanks cinealta)
    Last edited by theblockbuster; 08/19/2007 at 12:34 AM.
    i would add:

o OS with true pre-emptive multi-tasking (for prioritized background processing)

o 3.5G HSDPA support

o 16 GB SDHC support (already out)

o Built-in SiRFstar 3 (WAAS-enabled) GPS

o Wimax support

o EVDO Rev B capable

o Bluetooth 2.1

o A2DP support (high-quality stereo audio via Bluetooth)

o Sirius radio codec support

o Front-facing VGA camera for video-conferencing

o Better battery power-management software

o Simultaneous voice & data capability

o FM radio tuner
    Last edited by cinealta; 08/18/2007 at 05:31 PM.
    I'd say look at a different company. palm is still tryin to catch-up
  4.    #4  
    i agree cinealta, except for the fm tuner and wimax. i think that the tuned.mobi internet fm radio through kinoma player is easier and it offers you fm radio stations from all over the country and i think that wimax isnt in wide spread use yet and not needed due to the hsdpa and evdo technologies and i didnt put hsupa and evdo Rev B on there because providers are now just barely using hsdpa and evdo Rev A in select cities, so that might be a little ahead of the game. and also, the GPS would be awesome as long as it worked with the google maps application.
    also:

o Skype or VoIP capability

o ARM 1Ghz Cortex-A8 smartphone CPU

o Extend 480x480 display 2 cm towards top, and 0.5 cm towards sides/bottom, to eliminate need for a vertical/horizontal slider keyboard (retain original physical thumbboard for one-handed text entry), yet retaining 755/750/680 form-factor or smaller

(Rob Haitani & Michael Farese, are you listening?)
  6.    #6  
    Quote Originally Posted by cinealta View Post
    also:

o Skype or VoIP capability

o ARM 1Ghz Cortex-A8 smartphone CPU

o Extend 480x480 display 2 cm towards top, and 0.5 cm towards sides/bottom, to eliminate need for a vertical/horizontal slider keyboard (retain original physical thumbboard for one-handed text entry), yet retaining 755/750/680 form-factor or smaller

(Rob Haitani & Michael Farese, are you listening?)
    the VoIP would be nice but cell providers will never let palm do that and if that processor allows them to use the new palm os linux version then that would be awesome, and i would actually be fine with keeping everything the same size, including the screen, as long as they increase the resolution from 320x320 to 480x480 but if they want to increase the size then great.
    I only request one thing for the new 800, WiFi.

ET
    I would be happy with just minor updates:

(1) EVDO Rev. A
    (2) Real GPS accessable by 3rd party apps
    (3) BT 2.1
    (4) 802.11 g WiFi
    (5) <128MB
    (6) Intergrate some Nice apps:
    • ChatterMail
      DialbyPhoto
      VoiceNavIT (voice launch anything)
      VoiceDialIT
      2Dial (visual icons on keypad)
      TCPMP
      RescoExplorer (file mgr, zipper, viewer, FTP/LAN/VPN browser)
      FontSmoother
      GoogleMaps
      Softstick Audio Gateway
      Card Reader
    Thx
    GhengisEEK

I wanted to be somebody when I grew up, I should have been more specific."
    I agree with EVDO Rev. A and definitely WiFi built in and better BT support. Everything else will be extras.
    dream on.
    They need just a few things:
    1) integrated gps with access to 3rd party apps.
    2) Larger screen with better resolution
    3) Better processor/speed while maintaining battery life.