1.    #1  
    Ok so we Vista x64 users don't have use of Quick Install since Palm doesn't have 64-bit USB drivers yet.

Have any of you Vista x64 users tried installing XP in VMWare Workstation or Virtual PC 2007, then installing Palm Desktop (including Quick Install)? Does hotsyncing over USB work?
    Quote Originally Posted by IsLNdbOi View Post
    Ok so we Vista x64 users don't have use of Quick Install since Palm doesn't have 64-bit USB drivers yet.

Have any of you Vista x64 users tried installing XP in VMWare Workstation or Virtual PC 2007, then installing Palm Desktop (including Quick Install)? Does hotsyncing over USB work?
    Problem with that (at least with Virtual PC) is that I don't believe it supports USB devices!
  3.    #3  
    Right, I forgot about Virtual PC 2007's lack of USB support. VMWare's Workstation definitely does support USB though.
    Did you ever have any luck in doing this? Any other options besides BT? I cant get that to work on my PC.
  5.    #5  
    Yeah I did try it out. The USB drivers and everything are recognized in Vista x64 in VMWare, but when I try to do a hotsync, nothing actually gets sycned onto my 755P.
    Thanks for the info. I ended up just doing a Bluetooth sync. It was long and painful, but at least I have a backup now.