1.    #1  
    I have a 650 and my camera is great at taking pics in dark places, unlike my friend who has the 700, so I wanted to know if the newer models have the camera working good in the dark again?
    No. The camera is horrific at best. Any ~$100 point and shoot will yield much better results. The camera is useful only for unexpected situations that require some type of improvised visual documentation, imho.
    Palm Pilot>Palm III>Palm Color>Palm m505>Palm T5>Treo700w>vzw Treo700wx>Maybe the next gen iPhone next.
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by shimmy View Post
    I have a 650 and my camera is great at taking pics in dark places, unlike my friend who has the 700, so I wanted to know if the newer models have the camera working good in the dark again?
    the 680 has the same camera as the treo 650 had. the 755p's camera is a step up in quality but not spec wise. the 700 series had some camera woes, for all I know they are fixed in the 755p series.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    i keep forgetting that my 650 has a camera, and i am not surprised. everytime i try to make practical use of it, i dont have a chance. the camera is just and extra bit of functionality which we pay for but do not have any practical use for.
    Global Posts
    26 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by littlewaywelt View Post
    Any ~$100 point and shoot will yield much better results. .
    Of course it will, since you can get a 6MP camera for $100.
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    i keep forgetting that my 650 has a camera, and i am not surprised. everytime i try to make practical use of it, i dont have a chance. the camera is just and extra bit of functionality which we pay for but do not have any practical use for.
    I take pics all the time. The problem with my real camera is this: I don't carry it with me all the time.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tonylmiller View Post
    I take pics all the time. The problem with my real camera is this: I don't carry it with me all the time.
    well, then you probably know a trick that in dont. there's absolutely nothing that i can do with my treo cam. its plainly hopelessly useless. believe me, in the beginning i did try and use my camera for useful things like photographing documents or friends in a pub or harbour scenery or whatever things one needs a camera for, and the treo camera was nothing more than a joke. but it doesn't bother me because i just ignore it. i love the rest of my treo
    650 and no use for the Camera?

I love having a camera on my 650, I don't love the quality but it's ok. I am sidleine Prof Photog with several Canons from sd450-- 30D and everything inbetween.

I use the camera on 650 for:
    1. My recent 5 week vaca in Europe, blogged the whole thing so all my friends and family saw where I was and what I was doing withing hours of doing it. I have a photo record of the trip without sitting down every day and writing it. I could just snap as I went and type the commentary on a bus, taxi, train or plane. *Two years ago blogged 7 week vacation, and this year friends begged me to do it again.

2. Ever see something and it is a good price and don't want to get into a fight with the spouse? Snap a picture of it, send a MMS with the price or a picture of the price tag.

3. See something that would look good in your house, and want to think about it. Thisway you don't forget what it looks like and you know where you saw it.

4. Sitting around with friends in a pub or bar and just want to remember who was there and when it happened. Want to convince a friend to join the party. Send em a mms or email showing the fun your having.

5. See a funny sign, a for sale sign or something and don't want to stop and write down the info.

Camera is a great part of phones.
    I have 1 680 and 2 650s.

All I have to say is 650's pictures come out just a little bit better.
    my Treo 650 camera took far better pictures than my Treo 750. (even if the 650 had lower resolution).
    ---
    iPhone / Samsung Epix

Current playtoys:
    Also: Treo 750 (Test phone) / Sony Ericcson w900 (unlocked for international travel)
  11.    #11  
    Thanks driven01 you answered my question.

As for the other responses I'm surprised most of you are down on the 650 cam, it's way better than any other cell phone cam I saw. I use the camera and camcorder on my 650 a whole lot. I don't use it to print photos. Just for taking fun photos with friends, and the camcorder is great for taking vids with my gf ;p.

The camera is the best I ever seen for taking pics in the dark without flash, which is why I wanted to check other opinions before upgrading.