Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I don't know???...better looking pic. Could it be?

Future 900p???
    at&t iPhone3G
    I think it is fake. Too good too be true... following Palm device history till now... Palm will not so smart making such good device.

But who knows! maybe they already learn "know how" to make good device.

If that device really true, then I will buy it, maybe I will miss the keyboard
  3.    #3  
    I think if this is true,falling short of prototype they are cost cutting by just extending the cavity on the mold with the design features looking just like the latter Treo devices on the face front. I want the same form factor with some fat trimmings but I also would like to see a level screen(i.e. not drop back) and some cool, not sexy(i.e. guys shouldn't use this word) design features with a new choice look with the same form factor. Look at Blackberries new line up of devices...they look sweet, change was definitely good and in the right direction on the cosmetic side for RIM. I want functionality of course but looking good with it would be a plus.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post
    I think it is fake. Too good too be true... following Palm device history till now... Palm will not so smart making such good device.

Good lord, you actually think that looks like a "good device"?

This is why I love when people say the "gandolf" pics are ugly and yet say this one, that's where it's at. Yikes.

That's like the dumbest looking thing and still running Frankengarnet? Will the 512mhz processor (Intel? reeaally) make up for the white-lag screens? lol

Plus who here really thinks the next big POS device will be GSM as opposed, to say I dunno...Sprint where they always get first dibs?

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post

This is why I love when people say the "gandolf" pics are ugly and yet say this one, that's where it's at. Yikes.

That's like the dumbest looking thing and still running Frankengarnet? Will the 512mhz processor (Intel? reeaally) make up for the white-lag screens? lol

Plus who here really thinks the next big POS device will be GSM as opposed, to say I dunno...Sprint where they always get first dibs?
    so sad but possibly true. lets wait and see.
    at&t iPhone3G
    After the onslaught that we took over the Gandolf, I should be last person to call Photoshop on someone. But because I'm not sure if everyone is simply playing along or considering this as real, please blow it up for yourselves.

The right side is curved out and you can clearly see the smuge tool in full effect on every line, in particular the lines at the bottom of it. You can also clearly see overlay pixelation on the bottom right portion.

But if this thread is all in fun, sorry for taking it serious.
    Total photoshop. The buttons at the bottom are lighter than the rest of the device. And here's the thing...why would the keyboard be up on that particular screen? There is no reason to enter text?
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Fake or real, I have no interest in a Treo without a keyboard. Why in the world would I want to go back to pulling out a stylus everytime I want to send an email?
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
  9.    #9  
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    Fake or real, I have no interest in a Treo without a keyboard. Why in the world would I want to go back to pulling out a stylus everytime I want to send an email?
    Pretending here...may be it has an optional hide-n-slide.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I think its incredible that some would find the "gandolf" as not too bad looking, but then go and claim that this wouldn't be a good looking device.

Its not gorgeous, but a helluva lot better looking than the gandolf. In fact, it looks like something HTC would put out.

Contrarians are funny.
    This pic wasbrought up in another post last week. It was shown as a fake then, and still holds now.

One has to love how ciruclar treo pics go though. They always seem to just keep coming back.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    This pic wasbrought up in another post last week.
    Ah but the ones last week had an antenna and the 650 style D-pad, it seems that they've re-photochopped them but used the 750 or 680 as the source
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    Ah but the ones last week had an antenna and the 650 style D-pad, it seems that they've re-photochopped them but used the 750 or 680 as the source
    Does it still hold though?
    I think "первая информация " is the best treo codename since the "ace".
    Quote Originally Posted by The Bard View Post

How is this too good to be true??? Aside from removing the keyboard and enlarging the screen, what has changed. Same ugly, boring form factor, same lame OS. No if this is the future of Palm, then there is no future for Palm
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by ArgonNJ View Post
    How is this too good to be true??? Aside from removing the keyboard and enlarging the screen, what has changed. Same ugly, boring form factor, same lame OS. No if this is the future of Palm, then there is no future for Palm
    I think he was referring to the spec. The device doesn't look that great but the spec surely look a lot more appealing, when compared to any smartphone. I don't think the device is real or at least I hope it isn't
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by TazUk View Post
    No, the one last week was from the same site and posted by Pat/LiveFaith. same device, same debunking.

http://discussion.treocentral.com/sh...d.php?t=148854
    Last edited by Antoine of MMM; 08/09/2007 at 12:55 PM. Reason: added link
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.

why would the 700p look like the previous models,and the new 800p totally is revamped?
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    I think its incredible that some would find the "gandolf" as not too bad looking, but then go and claim that this wouldn't be a good looking device.
    Believe it. There's a funny thing called subjective aesthetic evaluation; people have different tastes. Shocking, I know. But unless you have some sort of scientific metric for beauty* I fail to see how you can prove your point.

To drop some Kant on yo' ***
    "If he proclaims something to be beautiful, then he requires the same liking from others; he then judges not just for himself but for everyone, and speaks of beauty as if it were a property of things."
    Sounds like you should don your black turtleneck and go work for Apple, since you know what's best. Then you can look down on us who disagree and get paid for it. Now that'll stroke your ego!
    Its not gorgeous, but a helluva lot better looking than the gandolf. In fact, it looks like something HTC would put out.
    Like the HTC Dash? The HTC Lobster? Real svelte. I mean HTC has some nice devices but they also have some fugly ones too...
    Contrarians are funny.
    Considering we're debating the beauty of lack thereof between a poor photoshop job (900p) and a Palm prototype device (gandolf), your conclusion is quite funny.

*Besides just symmetry, and even here, the Moto Q fails as the screen is notoriously off-center.
    Last edited by Malatesta; 08/09/2007 at 02:52 PM.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta;

What were you saying about a "funny thing called subjective aesthetic evaluation"? What were you preaching about with this so-called beauty metric and respecting those with different tastes? Oh my! Mal, the hypocrisy here is absolutely hilarious!
    Last edited by treobk214; 08/09/2007 at 10:28 PM.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast