Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Believe it. There's a funny thing called subjective aesthetic evaluation; people have different tastes. Shocking, I know. But unless you have some sort of scientific metric for beauty* I fail to see how you can prove your point.

Mal, you should take your own advice. Yes, people have different tastes. What`s very funny is how you pontificate here but so often forget this fact whenever you are bashing those who prefer the iphone or apple for that matter. Mal and the double standard. YOU are quite amusing.

Quote Originally Posted by malatesta;
    To drop some Kant on yo' ***
    As usual, there is no shortage of pretention.

Sounds like you should don your black turtleneck and go work for Apple, since you know what's best. Then you can look down on us who disagree and get paid for it. Now that'll stroke your ego!

Sounds like you should shave your head for the ballmer look and go work for microsoft, since youve got all the answers, hotshot. You can look down on us who disagree about microsoft`s or HTC products and get paid for it. Now that`ll stroke your ego!

Like the HTC Dash? The HTC Lobster? Real svelte. I mean HTC has some nice devices but they also have some fugly ones too...

Considering we're debating the beauty of lack thereof between a poor photoshop job (900p) and a Palm prototype device (gandolf), your conclusion is quite funny.

It doesnt matter that one is a prototype and one is a "poor photoshop", we are debating two device designs. It`s pretty straightforward I think.

*Besides just symmetry, and even here, the Moto Q fails as the screen is notoriously off-center.[/QUOTE]
    Last edited by treobk214; 08/09/2007 at 10:35 PM.
    Good lord, you actually think that looks like a "good device"?

This is why I love when people say the "gandolf" pics are ugly and yet say this one, that's where it's at. Yikes.

That's like the dumbest looking thing and still running Frankengarnet? Will the 512mhz processor (Intel? reeaally) make up for the white-lag screens? lol
    How is this too good to be true??? Aside from removing the keyboard and enlarging the screen, what has changed. Same ugly, boring form factor, same lame OS. No if this is the future of Palm, then there is no future for Palm
    I don't understand why people like you that don't love Palm still coming here, and mocking Treo800p or "fake" Treo900 above.

People have different taste, If you think my taste is bad then so be it. It is just for you, I'm quite sure many people still have same feeling with me.

IMO, Treo 800p design quite acceptable, the design quite same with my current Sony Ericsson K618i, and it is small. If the price tag same with its rumor, USD200, then why this can't be sell to market? lots of standard phone price same with USD200 but still can't do as good as Old Garnet.

Treo900 fake or not, I think the spec is good, more improvement then current Treo. keyboard gone is big downside. but why bother, it is even close to fake then reallity!

Palm has future or not surely nothing to do with us. We only can give positive or negative comment, but can't effect any of Palm company.

Keeping attacking each other with negative comment surely not good and don't give any interesting thing to read!.
    the 900p looks like the 700 series, why would Palm make the 800 series have to totally new style. I think it fake.. well we'll see
    I think there would be a decent market for the "900p". Whether it would be as successful as the standard treo would remain to be seen.

The specs of the 900 paired with the larger screen, however, would certainly appeal to many.

Palm could use the diversity of form factors in their product line. I'd think it would help their market share considerably.
  5.    #25  
    People have a right to their tastes in any product. I have one conclusion to my taste...800p is FUGLY, and this possibly photoshoped prototype 900p is not doing it either. My crystal ball says in the near future I will be a Blackberry owner that still posts on T/C. BB can't do everything I want but it is enough for me if I finally had enough with Palm. BB will grow as far as 3rd party applications too which will make it even more sweet. IMHO, Palm is stupid and they are proving it more and more each passing day.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I recognize those sentiments completely, Kstewart. If the curve was available now with sprint I'd have already dumped my 650 for it.

What's amazing now is that there is more innovation taking place at RIMM than palm by far, and blackberry used to be the company of plain jane email devices.

For whatever reason, palm has hit a dead end and they're just spinning their wheels anymore. I'm not going to fund their stagnant philosophy any further, that's for sure.

I'm waiting for the blackberry train myself.
  7.    #27  
    Quote Originally Posted by treobk214 View Post
    I recognize those sentiments completely, Kstewart. If the curve was available now with sprint I'd have already dumped my 650 for it.

What's amazing now is that there is more innovation taking place at RIMM than palm by far, and blackberry used to be the company of plain jane email devices.

For whatever reason, palm has hit a dead end and they're just spinning their wheels anymore. I'm not going to fund their stagnant philosophy any further, that's for sure.

I'm waiting for the blackberry train myself.
    You don't know how impatient I am for the Curve to possibly come to Sprint. I will jump on that wagon while its moving. Its got a smaller form factor than the 8830 with a camera. I am so close to folding my hand and getting the 8830. If Sprint would release the Curve in all black like the 8830 with world capabilities...I'd better stop, I am getting excited.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    no interest in a Treo without a keyboard. I love the current 680's design. just pop better specs in and make it a tad thinner. im good!
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
  9.    #29  
    Quote Originally Posted by fishera View Post
    no interest in a Treo without a keyboard. I love the current 680's design. just pop better specs in and make it a tad thinner. im good!
    You should work for Palm. You have already displayed superior intelligence in comparison to the folks at Palm.
    at&t iPhone3G
    Global Posts
    719 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Antoine of MMM View Post
    No, the one last week was from the same site and posted by Pat/LiveFaith. same device, same debunking.
    Ok, must have missed that one
    I've been waiting for a landscape Treo for years. Of course, I'm fast w/ Graffiti having started with the Pilot5000. Nonetheless, I'm rarely knocking out page long emails on my Treo. I'd rather have the additional screen real estate for web browsing, book reading, and games. I've got a BT keyboard for long emails or document composition if I'm away from a PC.
    USR Pilot 5000->3Com PalmPilot Pro->Palm IIIx->Palm 515->Palm TT3->Treo 700p->HTC Touch Pro->Palm Pre->HTC Evo
    Maybe it will have a slide out keyboard, but with a better implementation than that of HTC and others. It may have the same kind of buttons as the current Treos. Who knows, this may be the next best thing. Too bad the screen's recessed.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12