1.    #1  
    My treo 650 is on the Fritz. It is not charging the battery properly. The battery charge light and beep sound goes on and off randomly and the battery sometimes charges and somtimes would not. The batt % indicator is also all over the place.. My 3 chargers are fine and the 650 behaves the same with all the chargers. I have another battery and it also behaves the same with it.

I don't think Sprint Assurion can get me a replacement 650. They tried to give me a 700P last time which I refused because I do not want to upgrade my plan to the more expensive data plan. If they cannot get me a replacement 650 and sends me a 700P, will there be any problems when I get it and sell the 700P on Ebay so I can offset the cost of buying a 650 on Ebay.

Will whoever buys the 700P have any problems activating it? Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by cloudedvision View Post
    My treo 650 is on the Fritz. It is not charging the battery properly. The battery charge light and beep sound goes on and off randomly and the battery sometimes charges and somtimes would not. The batt % indicator is also all over the place.. My 3 chargers are fine and the 650 behaves the same with all the chargers. I have another battery and it also behaves the same with it.

I don't think Sprint Assurion can get me a replacement 650. They tried to give me a 700P last time which I refused because I do not want to upgrade my plan to the more expensive data plan. If they cannot get me a replacement 650 and sends me a 700P, will there be any problems when I get it and sell the 700P on Ebay so I can offset the cost of buying a 650 on Ebay.

Will whoever buys the 700P have any problems activating it? Your inputs are greatly appreciated.
    Upgrade to the 700p dude, or talk them into a 755p. Then call retention and tell them you are upset you have to upgrade. Tell them you love the SERO plans and want one and see if they can match it. Call them three or four times and you get it. I have 1000 minutes, unlimited power vision, unlimited text messaging and nights start at 9 am. I pay $45 a month.
    How much is your data plan now? Mine went from $10 to $15, and about 2 weeks ago when I called to ask them something, they said I was eligible for a $5 discount on Vision.
    Just talk to CS and tell them you're not happy with being forced to upgrade your data plan. They'll usually be willing to work something out with you, unless your standing with Sprint is just horrible.

You wont have any trouble selling the 700p as long as you do things in this order:
    Buy the 650 off ebay (but dont activate it yet)
    call in claim to Asurion
    activate the 650 you bought
    send back your old 650 to asurion
    sell the 700 on ebay

Or you can just call up customer service and complain about the price difference the have several customer retention vision plans that will equalize the price
  6.    #6  
    My unlimited vision plan is $10 a month which includes phone as modem (PAM). Correct me if I'm wrong but with Power vision,PAM is not included and is an option that cost an extra $40 a month (not sure if the $40 cost is correct). The PAM is very valuable to me and I use it a lot but I do not abuse it and never had a problem. It is great to be able to have internet access from a laptop wherever there's a Sprint signal. I also have free unlim sprint 2 sprint & unlim txt msg.

If I can get the same capabilities and not pay more than I am paying now, which is $40 a month, then I will accept a 700P and upgrade. Otherwise no way.
    Well there are programs that hide tethering from Sprint. I have PDANet for my 700wx, but I'm not sure if there's a Palm version of that. You should take a look into that, though.
    Hmm, I think there is a program for the Palm version, almost 99.99999% sure, but I've never tried them. I've read they work great, but you'll have to do your own research on them. I tried using the DUN on my 650 and it worked pretty good, and I didn't even have PAM, although I used it just to log onto Wells Fargo.

As far as the other things, it sounds like you have a good plan. I'm paying $15/month for unlimited texts, and if you have a family plan, the new ones have unlimited on all lines for $20 total. The free Sprint 2 Sprint is free now, with all plans, as is NW starting at 7pm.

Give them a call and see what they say. I've read stories where all that was lost when they added the 700p on their account, because it needed the EV-DO, and when added, it wiped out all that other stuff. Since that stuff was old, it was a pain to get back, if they even got it back.
  9.    #9  
    I went to a Sprint corporate store repair center and they checked out the phone and gave me a new battery and charger, saying the phone checks out fine. I wonder if they checked it at all because while charging in the car, the charge light was on, yet the %charge was decreasing. I had to drive back and showed them the problem which was duplicated in the store.

Funny when I was in the store, a gentleman before me received a replacement 650 but that was the last one in the store so they claimed. They wanted to give me a 700P and told me my old Vision plan will not change. I asked them to give that to me in writing but they won't. My question is why not? It just sounds so fishy.
    I asked them to look for a 650 for me. Meanwhile I have a phone that won't charge. Is there a charger that will charge the treo battery without the phone?
    Sprint used to have a $10 plan for POWER vision (not vision). I know becuase I used to have it. I lost it becuase I switched to a non-internet phone and siwtched back. And they couldn't give me the old price anymore.

Anyway, if you can make multiple reps to promise to you that you can keep the same plan you can go ahead and upgrade to the 700p.
    The Palm cradle will charge an extra battery, and I've seen some chargers that charge just the battery by itself on Ebay, also.

Like I said earlier, talk to CS, preferably retentions. They have the $10 PV plan, and it's not that hard to get it if you complain enough.
  12.    #12  
    It comes down to whether I can use power vision the same way I use unlimited vision, which is to use phone as modem without extra charges.

Can anyone comment on why the Sprint sales consultant at the corporate won't put it in writing?
    Can anyone comment on why the Sprint sales consultant at the corporate won't put it in writing?
    Normally that seems to happen to me when someone is telling a fib
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    It's not necessarily when someone's telling a fib. They're told NOT to do that because doing so would put them into a binding contract. Sprint probably tells them across the board not to do anything like that, just to prevent bad things from happening, for instance if a rep that didn't know what they were doing gave someone a plan that wasn't even available to give.

This is sort of what they do where I work. Once you do any monetary transactions over $10k, the retailer has to fill out A LOT of paperwork for the federal government. To prevent that, we won't do any transactions over $10k. They just practicing some good ol' CYA... Cover Your Assets.
  15.    #15  
    What if I get a recording (with SoundRec) of the Sprint sales consultant saying that my plan will not change with the repoacement 700p? Will that hold any water if that is any problems?
    That might only hold up if the person agrees to being recorded. I'm not sure of the rules on recording things, but I believe there's a condition to that effect.
    Nope, I don't think it will. The problem is that Corporate Sprint is smart. More than likely somewhere in your contract there's a clause that states any other contracts not supported by Sprint will not be binding, or something like that. You can maybe try to fight it, if they do charge you more, but are you really going to go through the trouble for an extra $15/month? To me, it wouldn't be worth it, and Sprint knows that.

Have you emailed ecare? You just might get lucky, you never know. If they say yes, you can save that email and 99% of the time have it fixed to what they say. I think the reason is because they have the time and resources to verify they are allowed to do whatever they do.