1.    #1  
    I have been looking for an online storage system that I can then download to my treo. Has anyone been using anything like this?
    Orb isnt exactly online storage but will allow you to do what you want, allows you to access all your home desktop files remotely from your Treo (or any web enabled device) and download. And it is free. www.orb.com
    "Bound to cover just a little more ground"
    sign up for 1gb free ftp space at drivehq.com and then access from Treo using Resco Explorer (not free, but a must-have).....
    box.net
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    i think there's an ftp freeware client- maybe you could ftp the files off your card somewhere?

how big are they?

another poor mans idea is to open a gmail account and then send it to yourslef as an attachement and it will sit on googles servers forever. there's all sorts of apps that 'hack' into gmails huge storage in a similar manner.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    I was wondering, is there some program that will allow me to back-up my Centro stuff to a place online?
    You can use NVBackup (free) or Resco Backup Pro (shareware) to automatically schedule backups to your card. You can then use the FTP function to automatically copy the backup to an FTP site.

If you need an FTP account, you can get a free one at DriveHQ.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    wow- never noticed nv has free ftp built in- too cool....
    bump
    Just call me Berd.
    Global Posts
    728 Global Posts
    depends on what you want to do. Does blazer work at m.mesh.com?

MS's free Mesh service has cloud storage along with other things (sync to the cloud on certain platforms and remote desktop for windows pc's from the web)
    Many options out there are sufficient.
    Ultimately though; something similar to features available to Desktop users, where the online storage appears as just another drive, or sd card.
    I know we have options with ftp, but how cool would it be if the online storage appeared as an additional sd card on our device.
    Work on a file on your Treo, and later when you open it on your desktop, pick-up where you left off.
    Just call me Berd.
    Quote Originally Posted by efudd View Post
    depends on what you want to do. Does blazer work at m.mesh.com?

MS's free Mesh service has cloud storage along with other things (sync to the cloud on certain platforms and remote desktop for windows pc's from the web)
    mesh is pretty much what I was looking for.
    Works perfect with Treo Pro.
    Thanks.
    Just call me Berd.