Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    Malatesta,

Which device do you actually use the most? Would you get an iPhone.

I have a 750v

Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Good god...if that date is accurate, that is very soon.

Odd we haven't seen a leaked tester pic or FCC documentation?

I'm so screwed if true. I'm going to have to get the 800w and a Foleo, lol.
    PDA Lineage: Sharp Wizard, PalmVx, Tungsten, Treo 650, Treo 750v
    Quote Originally Posted by naftalim View Post
    Malatesta,

Which device do you actually use the most? Would you get an iPhone.

I have a 750v
    I have a 650, 700wx, Moto Q and a 6700.

I like them all but always come back to the 700wx. It's just fast, feels nice and works very well both as a phone and pda (of course, having it nearly 1 year now I'm anxiously awaiting a newer version: thinner, higher rez screen, WM6, etc.). The 750 seems nice though--wish it were on CDMA.

Re the iPhone: I would definitely try one out if, at the very least, it had the following:

- 3g
    - Sprint

Ideally, 3rd party programs. I just can't leave Sprint: I've had 3g for 2 years now for $10 a month, so leaving for AT&T is silly (for myself) --> much more expensive, only 2g.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    It's funny, we were talking in another thread how push email is the killer app which feeds Blackberry sales. In an abstract way, Sprint is the "killer app" which feeds a lot of Treo sales. I know many people who get a Treo just to be on Sprint's cheap voice/data plans. Sprint sure sells a lot of Treos, as well (Palm's largest customer).
    I just can't leave Sprint: I've had 3g for 2 years now for $10 a month, so leaving for AT&T is silly (for myself) --> much more expensive, only 2g.
    I have FREE 3g and free text messaging and 3 lines, etc., not leaving either. And I seem to be one of the few that actually LIKES Sprint!
    Is EVDO Rev 0 = 3G

then what is EVDO Rev 1 = to?
    last I read rev.a evdo = 3.25-3.5G like HSUPA the TytnII will have.
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    I actually wanted to get a 755w or anything that is antenna-less from Palm, but I just cant wait.

Sprint should have chosen Palm instead of HTC.

I am beginning to like the Mogul more and more. I have it for one week now.
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    I actually wanted to get a 755w or anything that is antenna-less from Palm, but I just cant wait.

Sprint should have chosen Palm instead of HTC.

I am beginning to like the Mogul more and more. I have it for one week now.

I belive that Motorola (sorry HP) is coming out with a Treo like device running Windows Mobile 6. A slim device which is similar to a BB. Palm needs to come forward and hit a home run soon. I would like to see the actual sales figures as to how the treo's are selling. Of course most people do not research a phone before buying it (of course I am assuming) How could one buy a Palm based Treo device after going thur the Treo Central forums or the Palm blog. Most people say that Palm lost the vision a long time ago (after the release of the 650, which was a good phone). Apple came forward with the spec's on their I-phone 6 months before it's release; why cannot Palm do the sam? If they do give us the Linux Treo in October I will buy one but I am sure that it will be buggy. They always, always use the market base as their beta testers. I wish that Motorola had purchase Palm last year then I think we would have had real innovation.
    Quote Originally Posted by morningstar1844 View Post
    I would like to see the actual sales figures as to how the treo's are selling.
    Palm sold 750,000 Treos last quarter, which I think was their best yet. It's posted on their site somewhere, under the financial disclosures.

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Global Posts
    72 Global Posts
    That is the same way I feel. Sprint keeps me linked to Treo. The race will be wimax treo versus 3 G iphone. Winner takes a LOT of customers on the fence....
    Palm sold 750,000 Treos last quarter, which I think was their best yet.
    Yes, you're right. 750k was Palm's all-time high for a quarter. RIM sold 2.4 million Blackberries in same calendar quarter. iPhone will do b/w 800k-1M. Still, no one's anywhere close to Nokia (not all smart phones/PDAs though).
    Last edited by cinealta; 09/07/2007 at 03:26 PM.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456