Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 111
  1. #41  
    Quote Originally Posted by vw2002 View Post
    Well gryphon or griffin fits. Griffons are ugly creatures. That is perfect for their humpbacked, trolleo 800. Ugly as it gets.
    Just to set the record straight, I think you're talking about a different device:

    Treo 690 (?) WM Standard & POS
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...sta77/Palm.jpg
    http://www.wmexperts.com/_images_treo-800p-live-1l.jpg

    Treo 800w "high end" version running WM professional.
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...sta77/8oow.jpg

    I don't think the 800w, though tiny from that picture, looks that bad.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  2. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #42  
    What is POS? Is that the Palm OS?
  3. #43  
    Quote Originally Posted by chong67 View Post
    What is POS? Is that the Palm OS?
    Yes. Well, yes depending on your mood about Palm OS. For many here, it stands for what you typically think it stands for!
  4. #44  
    Agreed. For instance, the Treo 700w runs WM5 but it's a POS through and through!
    Last edited by fumblerooski; 08/09/2007 at 06:33 AM. Reason: Corrected: Runs WM5 typo
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

    Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  5. #45  
    Tre-i-e-i-o, The 700w runs WM5, not WM6. At least attempt to get your specs right before attempting humor.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  6. #46  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Just to set the record straight, I think you're talking about a different device:

    Treo 690 (?) WM Standard & POS
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...sta77/Palm.jpg
    http://www.wmexperts.com/_images_treo-800p-live-1l.jpg

    Treo 800w "high end" version running WM professional.
    http://i82.photobucket.com/albums/j2...sta77/8oow.jpg

    I don't think the 800w, though tiny from that picture, looks that bad.
    thats what he's asking... if the Gryphon is the Palm 690 or the Treo 800w, we dont know which is rumored to come out..... duh.


    i, for one, think its the 800w, hopefully!
  7. #47  
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    Tre-i-e-i-o, The 700w runs WM5, not WM6. At least attempt to get your specs right before attempting humor.
    Easy tiger. I know you're the BMOC around here but it was just a typo. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

    Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  8. #48  
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Easy tiger. I know you're the BMOC around here but it was just a typo. I wasn't trying to offend anyone.
    lol, sorry. See the time of my post = insomnia = grumpiness A definite over-reaction on my part.

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  9. #49  
    That's alright, my gf tells me I'm not funny every day, so what's one more
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

    Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
  10. #50  
    I'm sure the guys at Sporton, on Hsin Tai Wu road, know which treos are coming out.
  11. #51  
    Quote Originally Posted by cinealta View Post
    I'm sure the guys at Sporton, on Hsin Tai Wu road, know which treos are coming out.
    Anyone know Mandarin and want to call and ask? lol

    (I guess you mean that Palm's potential contractors know what's in the works; if I'm correct, lots of leaks do originate with the Asian companies)

    WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
  12. #52  
    I would assume the 800w is a WM device since it is W unless you are referring to the OP, which again info is showing might be a WM device? I also want to say the 800w will be out first since that was the VZW rumors were saying?
    Last edited by bloodycape77; 08/10/2007 at 02:59 AM.
  13. #53  
    Nowadays Treo and Blackberry look exactly the same!
  14. #54  
    From the front, true. Until the 800 ships, both the 88xx and 83xx Curves are thinner and lighter than any 7xx Palm. I'm not a BB fanboy, but the Curve is the first one I see as a real alternative to the Treo (for me at least).
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
  15. #55  
    From what I've read and heard from my own sources is that we'll see a WM6 Standard edition 800 and a WM6 Pro with touch.. The 800 running standard is believed to be thinner as it lacks touch. The only publically released news we have to go on is those leaked pictures which confirmed WM6 Standard. I know Verizon has a release of about 9/13 now, which was originally pushed back from this month.

    We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm holding off on a Mogul until I see the new Treo from either provider.

    SERO 1250 7PM N&W / 15% CORP Discount / Unlimited SMS
  16. #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by tomvb2000 View Post
    From the front, true. Until the 800 ships, both the 88xx and 83xx Curves are thinner and lighter than any 7xx Palm. I'm not a BB fanboy, but the Curve is the first one I see as a real alternative to the Treo (for me at least).
    But in the case of the 8830, it is WIDE. Thin and light is nice, but take it from this Q user, wide can be a pain too.

    Quote Originally Posted by LuBi View Post
    From what I've read and heard from my own sources is that we'll see a WM6 Standard edition 800 and a WM6 Pro with touch.. The 800 running standard is believed to be thinner as it lacks touch. The only publically released news we have to go on is those leaked pictures which confirmed WM6 Standard. I know Verizon has a release of about 9/13 now, which was originally pushed back from this month.

    We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm holding off on a Mogul until I see the new Treo from either provider.
    Me too - or at least this week. I have been ready to pull the trigger on a Mogul for about 3 weeks now, but I keep waiting and waiting to see if a Palm device is in my future again. I must be looney...
  17. chong67's Avatar
    Posts
    956 Posts
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    #57  
    Alright. Lets hope Sprint get the Treo something too with the WM6.
  18. #58  
    Quote Originally Posted by LuBi View Post
    ...I know Verizon has a release of about 9/13 now, which was originally pushed back from this month. We'll just have to wait and see, but I'm holding off on a Mogul until I see the new Treo from either provider.
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    ...I have been ready to pull the trigger on a Mogul for about 3 weeks now, but I keep waiting and waiting to see if a Palm device is in my future again.....
    Well, if the 800 has the Qualcomm MSM6500, it seems more likely that Verizon will get their hands on it before Sprint. To the best of my knowledge, Verizon has done an end-run around the import ban and is directly paying Broadcom patent royalties.

    Sprint, OTOH, is attempting a software work around, which must then be approved by U.S. Customs. Customs must then draft and implement a policy for the import of any phone containing infringing Qualcomm chips. This may take, at least, a couple months. It's conceivable that prior Sprint fall releases may be delayed until the holiday season. Not sure how Sprint can say that they will not stop importing banned phones.

    Regarding the Mogul, I'm a Treo fan, but don't you guys want to wait and see the Kaiser?
  19. #59  
    Quote Originally Posted by cinealta View Post

    Regarding the Mogul, I'm a Treo fan, but don't you guys want to wait and see the Kaiser?
    No, as I am connected to the hip with Sprint right now and I will not be moving to ATT.
  20. #60  
    Quote Originally Posted by bubbatex View Post
    But in the case of the 8830, it is WIDE. Thin and light is nice, but take it from this Q user, wide can be a pain too.
    Tell me about it - I've also got an E62 which is even wider (2.76in) vs the 8830 (2.6in). That's why I'm more interested in the Curve. At 2.4in it's only .1 wider than the Treo.
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Posting Permissions