1.    #1  
    I Purchased a unlocked treo 680 last december in New York, the copper version. Now, I am living for 1 year in Australia (I am from Europe). Two months ago, the screen went brocken by a domestic accident. Palm (Pacific Region) told me that they can not reppair the device because it is not a Asian-Pacific-Region Treo... hummm? I can understand that the warranty does not cover this problem, but it reuslts to me uncredible that they can not reppair a original purchased Palm device. Palm is supposed to be a GLOBAL company... but they still have regional warranties and regional repairation limitations...

Can somebody tell me a sollution for my problem? And please, do not tell me to call Palm USA to solve the problem, they purchase a extra USA $25 only for phone advice. And it results imposible to begin a on-line reparation request because I am not in USA...

I really did not have problems like this repparing my iPod (purchsed in Europe...)
    Palm says that they charge the $25 for the call, but credit it back to you if the phone actually needs repair. You say that the phone broke because of a "domestic accident". Why would you think the warranty would cover that? That sounds like an insurance issue, not warranty as it's not Palm's problem that caused the phone to have the issue.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Palm says that they charge the $25 for the call, but credit it back to you if the phone actually needs repair. You say that the phone broke because of a "domestic accident". Why would you think the warranty would cover that? That sounds like an insurance issue, not warranty as it's not Palm's problem that caused the phone to have the issue.
    You are right, the title of my post was wrong, it is not a warranty problem. But actually, Palm Asia-Pacific-Region does not want to reppair my treo 680 just because it is not the gray version ( ) and I, as an engineer, can not understand where is the difference between a cracked screen of a copper treo and the cracked screen of a gray treo. In my opinion, they should tell about the fact that you can only reppair the device in the region you purchased it. And please do not forget I am willing to pay the price of AU$ 235!

Thank for your... help?

pilot>V>Vx>505m>treo 600>treo 650>treo 680
    That is insane!

Although the Apple warranty is only worldwide on Laptops & iPods i think. But a mobile/portable device should be repaired - if the person is willing to PAY FOR IT - no matter.

m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way