1.    #1  
    Is anyone else experiencing issues with the slowness of the 4-gig Toshiba mini SD HC card (4)?

CallRec only picks up about 3 - 4 seconds of recording then just stops for 2 to 3 seconds, then starts recording again for about 4 seconds, and so on. I also tried to delete a back up set from Backup Man and it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r.

This is no good...actually unacceptable. I can't believe I might be forced to use smaller 2-gig cards instead of being able to use one 4 gig card.

So anyone else noticing any issues?
    What class card is it?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Put the card into a card reader on your PC and format it using the following command:

format X: /FS:FAT32 /A:16K

Where X: is the drive letter of the card.

That will probably fix it.
  4.    #4  
    It's a class 4 card...

Crimson: I just tried your formatting command and while it did improve it a little, it's still completely skipping every 4 or so seconds. Or rather, it just stops. So every 4 seconds it skips the equivalent of about a word.

This definitely wasn't happening when I was using a micro 2 gig SD card. While I did occasionally have a hiccup in my recordings, it wasn't very often...1 every 6 or 7 minutes.

This is ticking me off. Why wouldn't a class 4, 4-gig card be capable of performing as well as the 2-gig card?
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    It's a class 4 card...

Crimson: I just tried your formatting command and while it did improve it a little, it's still completely skipping every 4 or so seconds. Or rather, it just stops. So every 4 seconds it skips the equivalent of about a word.

This definitely wasn't happening when I was using a micro 2 gig SD card. While I did occasionally have a hiccup in my recordings, it wasn't very often...1 every 6 or 7 minutes.

This is ticking me off. Why wouldn't a class 4, 4-gig card be capable of performing as well as the 2-gig card?
    Might be a problem with the card. I have a 4gig class 2 Transcend and it performs well without any delays. I do have a 4gig Toshiba on order as well, so I will report back when it gets here (Thursday).
  6.    #6  
    I was playing with it some more. Recording actual calls is not an issue. It's when I use CallRec to do a short memo or something. Do you happen to have CallRec installed? Can you test yours just doing a short memo? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe this isn't the card...maybe it's the program.

ETA: I just tested by deleting a back up set and after formatting as you advised, it now deletes a back up very quickly. Yesterday (prior to the reformat) it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to delete a set. I think my problems ARE specific to recording memos. But again, if you can test I would greatly appreciate.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by French View Post
    I was playing with it some more. Recording actual calls is not an issue. It's when I use CallRec to do a short memo or something. Do you happen to have CallRec installed? Can you test yours just doing a short memo? I'm keeping my fingers crossed that maybe this isn't the card...maybe it's the program.

ETA: I just tested by deleting a back up set and after formatting as you advised, it now deletes a back up very quickly. Yesterday (prior to the reformat) it took f-o-r-e-v-e-r to delete a set. I think my problems ARE specific to recording memos. But again, if you can test I would greatly appreciate.
    I do have Callrec installed.. I recorded a 15 sec memo and have no problems with skipping. When I get my Toshiba card I will do the same thing and let you know.
  8.    #8  
    Thank you.
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Ok, I put my Toshiba 4gb (Class 4) card in, and recorded several memos without it stopping or skipping in the recording at all. What settings are you using for recording? I have the sample rate set to 16000 and the compression box checked.
  10.    #10  
    I'm using 16000 and I didn't have compression checked, but I just checked it and tried again, and still a hesitation every 4 seconds or so.

Do you think a reinstall of the program might help? Everything else seems to be working as expected with the card now.
  11.    #11  
    Aaargh...I'm getting SO frustrated with this. I tried uninstalling and then reinstalling CallRec. and I've tried to reformat the card again. Still no love. But phone calls are working fine with no hesitations at all. Regular voice recordings reliably hiccup every 4 seconds. It makes no sense, and because phone calls record find I really do believe this could be a program issue.

I can't figure out how to get in touch with the developer to let them know I'm having this issue.