Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    PalmOne Treo 900p

Mobiunity.com has an image of a HVGA Treo and a spec list. Embedded in the data is Palm's switch of names back to PalmOne. Big news here. The spec list comes directly from the heart of Palm faithful who have begged for such a device for years. Early evidence suggests Palm is not paying attention.

Anyway, here's the spex from the horses mouth.
    PalmOne treo 900p Specifications:
    Operating System
    Palm OS® Gretta 5.5
    Memory: 4GB
    Processor: Intel 512 MHz ARM-based processor
    Screen: 320 x 480 transflective TFT touchscreen display
    Support for over 65,000 colors
    Landscape and portrait orientation modes
    Wireless: Wi-Fi 802.11b/g wireless technology
    Bluetooth® 2.0 wireless technology
    Audio Speaker
    Standard 3.5mm stereo headhphone jack
    Expansion Slot: Support for MultiMediaCard, SD & SDIO cards
    Battery: Long-life rechargeable lithium ion
    Power / Sync: Multi-connector on device
    USB sync cable
    AC adapter (108-32 VAC/60Hz)
    Size: 58.2mm W x 100.9mm H x 10.5mm D
    Weight: 105.33 grams

I love the 3.5mm idea. What a radical concept.

Palm wasn't listening here ...
    http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...h/treo480v.jpg

or here ...
    http://i202.photobucket.com/albums/a...h/treo800g.jpg

It's still OK to dream. Right?
    Last edited by LiveFaith; 07/30/2007 at 09:17 AM.
    Patrick Horne
    I am willing to bet that this is a fake. The photo looks suspicious to me.

The specs looks decent.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Fake.

Surur
    Fake. Intel is out of the SmartPhone chipset business (sold to Marvel) and Palm is finally going to move away from the Athena multiconnector to mini USB. Not to mention the lack of a keyboard which would be a significant step backwards,
    Palm Pilot-->Handspring Visor-->Treo 300-->Treo 600-->Treo 650-->Treo 700p+E62-->Treo700p+Curve (8300)-->Curve (8330)
    Global Posts
    916 Global Posts
    New Treo 900p proudly brought to you by PhotoShop.
    GSM Treo 600 > Unlocked GSM Treo 650 on T-Mobile - Attempting to use a BB Curve

Technology is neither good nor evil, good people will find good uses for it and evil people will find evil uses for it. Phil P.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    LOL where did PalmOne come from?? LOL That must be the real serect 3rd business Jeff was talking about!
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    What the heck is POS Gretta 5.5????
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    The two images don't even match, and the buttons are ripped right off a 650. A bit dated even for a lame PS fake.
    You know what. A lot of the actual picture I have seen posted over the years have been called fakes and they were not.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think this is fake. I think we get too impressed with Photoshop. I think this is a typically crappy photo (no exif data though) from your average run-of-the-mill camera phone.

Like it or hate it, I think it's legit.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    You know what. A lot of the actual picture I have seen posted over the years have been called fakes and they were not.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say that I don't think this is fake. I think we get too impressed with Photoshop. I think this is a typically crappy photo (no exif data though) from your average run-of-the-mill camera phone.

Like it or hate it, I think it's legit.
    The speaker grill is different in both pics and one of them even has a Handspring logo! It definitely is a fake.
    braj, the two links that were provided were simply concepts that people came up with from existing models at the time, the real photo is the link at the top of the first post that is at Mobiunity.com. That's the one they are discussing. That one photo is just being compared to two other concept designs.
    OMG I cant wait to get this device!! Are we expecting release date of fall 3007?
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by SteveNYC View Post
    braj, the two links that were provided were simply concepts that people came up with from existing models at the time, the real photo is the link at the top of the first post that is at Mobiunity.com. That's the one they are discussing. That one photo is just being compared to two other concept designs.
    Ah, ok. I'm not 100% convinced it ir real yet though.

Anyhow, the bottons look like they will be awkward, and how will they deal with text entry?
    There is no tester # on the device, which says a lot.

All Palm devices that are prototypes have a serial number on the face of them. At the very least you would see those numbers blurred out. Since there are none here, I have to go with fake (plus all the above reasons mentioned).

WMExperts: News, Reviews & Podcasts + Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Malatesta View Post
    There is no tester # on the device, which says a lot.

All Palm devices that are prototypes have a serial number on the face of them. At the very least you would see those numbers blurred out. Since there are none here, I have to go with fake (plus all the above reasons mentioned).
    Yeah, I noticed that too. There's usually cut marks on the bezel surrounding the screen as well, and that's missing too.

Still, saying "all" prototypes have these markings assumes we know that for fact. But I don't know that for fact (maybe you do, I'm not challenging you). So for now, I'll go with it being legit.

Worst case scenario.... we *definitely* have something new to talk about. Even if people don't believe it, everybody going to comment on the pictures and the specs.

This MUST be the start of the new silly season. Skfny, where are you with that Avatar of yours and where the heck is Perry? :-) :-)
    There hasn't been a really good silly season around here since we were all so underwhelmed with the 700p, has there? Man it would be refreshing to have us all sitting around speculating with the hope that Palm could actually put out something that would knock our socks off again.

My heart wishes something like this could be true (maybe it's a prototype for a new POS II Treo?) but my mind and gut tell me it's fake.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Nice fake. But I wouldnt be surprised either that something has been floating around the Palm campus for some time now.

From a hardware design standpoint, the buttons are horrible for such usage. They are designed for middle of the device and high thumb usage, not low thumb and off weighted usage -- Palm doesnt make that mistake.

Love the Bejewled action though. Nice touch

The "Treo" is blurred while the (Apple) notebook in the background isn't. Looks like a black Macbook too, so, I ain't sure ya know?

I'd welcome the start of silly season if this particular design was more realistic and not as thick as the 680 (which this is given the flow in the user's hand).

That all being said, I'd cop this if its real, Garnet or Palm Linux though.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Just to throw out design preferences, I would rather they throw out the nav bar and main buttons on a Treo before removing the thumboard. Make those softkeys or side keys, but keep the thumboard intact.
    Wow, humor is definitely lost on some people.
    Sprint Treos 300->600->650->700p
    Sprint Pre
    Virgin Optimus V
    ATT Galaxy Skyrocket (current)
    I wonder if Slinky is the source of the 900p stuff?
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast