Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by caseyatbt View Post
    Even if it is a fake, which is the camp I'm in, Palm would be dumb enough to base a Treo on the Lifedrive. I would expect to see it with a MicroDrive in it. If you liked the lag before, you'll love it now.
    Why would they put a microdrive in there, rather than just letting you add Flash of your own choice?

Ideally, it would have two media slots. One which is buried (under battery?) is the built-in storage. The other is typical VFS.

Microdrive would just be stupid.
    ooooh baby, put a sliding keyboard on that mofo & I'll be out on the corner making money to buy it if I hafta...

If it's real, that is. If that's a fake, somebody out there is darn good at photoshop.

Steve, I agree with you. Lots of the so-called "fake" pics turned out to be the real thing. Everyone thought the leaked sidekick 3 pics were fake & they turned out to be real. Why not this too?
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    ooooh baby, put a sliding keyboard on that mofo & I'll be out on the corner making money to buy it if I hafta...
    Ya need a pimp?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Different pic of same "phone"

http://mobiunity.com/?p=421
    "Dialer" "Expense"

Something about it is just not right. (right is more curved than the left?) It is unlikely that Palm will duplicate features from the current Treo range (speaker, buttons...) in a new device with a new form factor. "Greta... (something)" replaced by "Garnet"

I really hope this is not the future of the Treo.
    Global Posts
    274 Global Posts
    Use a screen capture program on the image then enlarge it step by step. Definitely Photoshop.
    I really don't quite understand why the keyboard slide-outs are so popular. From a usability standpoint I would rather see something like the Tungsten T3 resurrected; a standard treo form factor when closed with the ability to slide out a larger screen. The bulk of the time when I am using my Treo on-the-go I appreciate the one-handed use and the on-board keyboard the most and the size of the screen is of little consequence. However, when I settle down to do more ponderous tasks like web surfing or intensive program use I could really use a bigger screen and wouldn't mind sliding one out - especially if the bottom half could swivel when extended pivoting the keyboard for landscape text entry. A design like that would be near perfect for my uses.
    Haha, yeah for certain photoshop, but that spec list keeps changing (and getting better!). Looks more like a wish list than an actual spec sheet.

I'd certainly drool if Palm actually released a device with those specs though.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by born2defy View Post
    I really don't quite understand why the keyboard slide-outs are so popular.
    A slide-out keyboard is too gimmicky and can be a real pain to use, especially when coupled with the (popular) landscape - portrait switching functionality. Why such things are so popular is beyond me. It's not like these things increase the viewing area from 2-1/2 inches to 40 inches.

I think the square screen is one of the great innovations from Handspring/ PalmOne/ Palm.

- mvk
    Quote Originally Posted by born2defy View Post
    Different pic of same "phone"
    http://mobiunity.com/?p=421
    Looks like a "real" device now. Not sure about some of the sides though. The color and there is some distortion there.

Has a fat "lip" at the bottom. Looks different than the other shot because of this. Also doesn't have the second light at the top.

The chrome immediatly under the nav button has a space on one part and no space on the other part even though both are being exposed to the same amount of light.

Uses the screen and DIA/VKb from the T5 (I had one, looks exactly like it).

Still a nice concept. Oh, and the screen is too recessed. The 680 and 750 don't have their screens as recessed into the device as this is. Either an old prototype or a flat out fake.

ADDITION: on the right side of the device, beginning at the icon above the HotSync icon and continuing to a bit below the HotSync icon there is a roundness to the device that is not present on the other side of the device. Its in this area that this pic looks the most faked/PSed.
    Last edited by Antoine of MMM; 08/01/2007 at 11:22 AM. Reason: 1 more point
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Quote Originally Posted by KStewart View Post
    Ya need a pimp?
    Nope, I have a good list of private clientele already.

Lol that's terrible...
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    Nope, I have a good list of private clientele already.

Lol that's terrible...
    Its all in fun Seriously, if you need one PM me.
    at&t iPhone3G
    The second pic looks a lot more real than the first one. i WOULD LIKE to believe it this is starting to bother me though. I was planning on getting the 755p... but this really get s me thinking.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulls96 View Post
    The second pic looks a lot more real than the first one. i WOULD LIKE to believe it this is starting to bother me though. I was planning on getting the 755p... but this really get s me thinking.
    The last time this happened it was before Palm released the T5 and there was a suitable, then a not so suitable hoax done. I'd expect something else to drop before the weekend was over and then we'd all be here chatting away for the next month plus until the real deal is leaked and life resumes to its normal "Treo-hectic" pace.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Yeah, even if it is a hoax- at least we have something to talk about while we wait for an official announcement.
    The year is more then half over already!
    Found these somewhere.

- mvk
    Attached Images Attached Images
    @GreenHex: I would love to see those mock-ups become real devices.

As to the "900p," I do not play the rumor game, but compare the inconsistances between the two. Most notably, the bottom of the units (photo #2 is longer) and the LEDs (photo #1 has a orange one, that is most unlikely a "hidden" one because that would be a horrible design inconsistancy).

Anyway, no more rumor game for me.

Enjoy.
    Did you know:

webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
    It won't have wifi a/b/g/n so you know it is fake
  19.    #59  
    Greenhex, Those are two pretty decent mocks. But what cracks me up is the Windows button on the Palm OS device. All that work to do that ...

As far as the 900 goes. Tons of folks would love such a device. Me included. I've been begging since the 600. Palm does not listen and the iPhone coop is the result. The new 900 looks even better. The biggest giveaway is the bottom left corner of the screen where the "paste" of the extra screen overlaps the devices case.
    It's obviously fake, but I would shell out $500 in a heartbeat for such a Treo. Meanwhile back at Sunnyvale, Palm prepares for the megalaunch of Gandolf.
    Patrick Horne
    Quote Originally Posted by GreenHex View Post
    Found these somewhere.

- mvk
    I would really like it if it hid-n-slid like the Mogul. I don't like the vertical deal like the Samsung I830.
    at&t iPhone3G
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast