Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    BAD fake.. The picture is choppy on the top of the first picture, looks like someone took 30s to plop some random picture in there.

No keyboard = No deal
    Is the red / power button smaller than the green one?
    That is total BS. palmOne? Are you kidding me?
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Nice specs aside from the OS. Hopefully something like that running PalmOS2 will be released next year. Wouldn't worry with the lack of a keyboard if the Foleo works with it
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Nice specs aside from the OS. Hopefully something like that running PalmOS2 will be released next year. Wouldn't worry with the lack of a keyboard if the Foleo works with it
    I agree. A Treo with a big screen like this and no keyboard makes sense if Palm is going to market it as a companion to the Foleo.
    Looking closely at the image, the bottom buttons part looks off in terms of the perspective with the rest of the phone. Image looks too off to be real.
    OK

These are fakes made by treocentral users years ago.

please do not discuss these OLD fakes as if they are real.

you will only confuse people more.

again these are old fakes. this is not up for debate.
    I can't believe Treocentral run out of fake Treo pictures and has to bring stuff from years ago.

Al
    Dutch and Treolo, they're talking about the link at the beginning of the first post. That's the picture in question. Read the thread...

EDIT: I am attaching the photo from Mobiunity.com to clarify...
    Attached Images Attached Images
    You know.... I know I said I think the picture's legit. But even I'm starting to wonder now.... damn that thing is ugly!!!! LOL!! The bottom of the device in that photo really does look bad...
    fake...old case design regardless of screen size. graphic on screen is all jacked up.

I read the thread. Someone mocked up something based on the pic.

Don't know how and don't care. I'm 100 per cent in spotting real vs. fake in the last four years of treo'in
    I hear Palm has finally decided to go one step AHEAD of the market. while we all complain about the 2.5mm jack, and want the 3.5mm, their next device will have actually have a 4.5mm connector.
    Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    I hear Palm has finally decided to go one step AHEAD of the market. while we all complain about the 2.5mm jack, and want the 3.5mm, their next device will have actually have a 4.5mm connector.
    Damn...I was hoping for a 3.5 inch (not mm) jack
    Treo 600 > Treo 650 > Treo 700p > Treo 700wx -> Mogul -> Touch Pro
    You may like to flash, but your phone shouldn't. LED Killer
    Why is it, that in this day and age, we have yet to get some clear shots of "secret" prototype devices. Every picture that is leaked are always blurry or just a crap shot.

Even cheap knockoff digital cameras take better shots than what we see with these leaks. Oh well...

Anyway, those seem to be some nice specs. I'll just see what happens with this in the months to come.
    Follow Me On

Quote Originally Posted by ekerbuddy View Post
    their next device will have actually have a 4.5mm connector.
    Are you sure they won't be using optical?
    Be sure to check out SmartDeviceResource!

Device Timeline: Palm III → RIM 950 → RIM 957 → Tungsten W → Kyocera 7135 → Treo 600 → Treo 650 → Treo 700p → Treo 755p & 800w → Treo 755p & Pro
    Quote Originally Posted by robin24k View Post
    Are you sure they won't be using optical?
    Optical is so passe... why not osmosis?

Whoops... that's entirely too silly.
    Who's flying this thing?
    screen size gave it off for me (for now..with the PalmOS)
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Regardless, fake or not, Palm needs to find a way to get more screen real estate without resorting to a less efficient data entry system. I have a TX so know what a big screen is like, and will take the data input of a thumboard over the big screen, but somehow they need to get the best of both worlds. Multitouch would be good to see, though actually not being able to use a stylus would be a bug drag. I actually like the stylus, I thought after getting a Treo I would use it less but actually the precision of using it is worth the split second it takes to remove from the case.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    Regardless, fake or not, Palm needs to find a way to get more screen real estate without resorting to a less efficient data entry system. I have a TX so know what a big screen is like, and will take the data input of a thumboard over the big screen, but somehow they need to get the best of both worlds. Multitouch would be good to see, though actually not being able to use a stylus would be a bug drag. I actually like the stylus, I thought after getting a Treo I would use it less but actually the precision of using it is worth the split second it takes to remove from the case.
    What you ask can be done easily without multi-touch. As it stands, there are not many commands in the PalmOS that require you to hold two buttons at the same time anyways so it could be done here on models like the T5/TX/LD somewhat easily.

The hard part is making a screen that is responsive to constant tapping without reliving the digitizer wine issue. Another thing to consider is how much of a predicitive text input system would be used. And yet another thing is doing a TypeRight like apporach to using additional functions on the keypad (virutal or hard) for more actions. Doable yes, easy, not by any means so.

IMO, stylus use on a screen with a bad dpi and large touch contact area such as what palm devices have is not all that great. I would rather see an adaptive screen that can adjust to stylus input (for whatever that would be needed for), and finger input (which can be done on a screen the size of the Treo's by just some rethinking of UI concepts).
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    Even if it is a fake, which is the camp I'm in, Palm would be dumb enough to base a Treo on the Lifedrive. I would expect to see it with a MicroDrive in it. If you liked the lag before, you'll love it now.
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast