Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    I thought we already had a thread about this, but I can't seem to find it.

When I bought my first Treo, the 650, I heard that a lot of Treo users have multiple Treo's, for various reasons. I've often wondered why that was and what they did with the older ones. That's what this thread is for.

Q1) Which Treo smartphones do you currently STILL own? (I know some mention this in their signatures, but some folks can't see sigs due to settings, e-mail, etc.)
    Q2) Why? What do you do with your older Treo(s)?

----------------------------------------
    In my case...

A1) Treo 650 & Treo 755P

A2) Treo 650: My 650 is no longer on a network (although I'm considering getting one of those "sleds" to make it wi-fi capable) but I keep it because a) I can use it for GPS navigation at times when my 755P is busy with phone calls, playing media, etc.* and b) I may need it as a temporary replacement if something ever happens to my 755P.

755P: I use my 755P as my primary Treo - for phone calls, and general every day, all day, in every way usage.

* - I guess that's the downside of the Palm OS being unable to multi-task.
    * Stuck patches? Partial erase worked for me.
    * Stuck virtual keyboard? Partial erase AND folder deletion worked for me.
    600 - sitting on my desk taking up space
    650 - taken apart in a zip lock bag in my desk
    680 - use as my current phone
    Old Nokia - Nokia 3390 Sidekick 1 (black and white) - Sidekick Color - Treo 600 - Sidekick 2 - Blackberry 7100t - Treo 650 and razr black (best combo EVER) Iphone 8gb - Iphone 3G 16gb - BlackBerry Bold
    Somewhere around here we have a Kyocera something or another that was DH's. The first one they made I think.

That is the only unused Smartphone at the moment!

I have 2 older unused Palms laying around - both Sony's.
    m100(for 1 day)->Sony PEG-S300->PEG-N710C->PEG-NR70 (needs a new battery!)->Treo 650 (bad connector)->650 (dead ear speaker)->700p (sucky battery life)->new 700 on way
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
    Treo 700p - in use
    Treo 600 - collecting dust
    Treo 300 - collecting dust
    iPhone 4S
    Former Treo & Storm Owner
    Cigar Lover
    600 sitting in a cabinet in the garage.
    at&t iPhone3G
    I read these boards and the put the current treo on ebay a few days before the next generation is announced. That way I get top dollar for the old one and some chump who is to lazy to read around gets a soon to be outdated device
    Actually, I give them away. Usually I try to make sure that they go into the hands of someone that I know really has a need for most of the ability, and that I would have the time to sit with and go over some of the more confusing aspects.

If I had a few more around there would be some pastors that I'd love to give them to as they are people near me who have had a need for the organizational and occasionally wireless aspects of Treos.

The harder part though is all the VZW and Sprint folks. There are a good deal of them around me with whom doing a Craigslist run just doesn't pan out.
    MMM | AntoineRJWright.com | BH | Jaiku

Moved on to Symbian, but still will visit from time to time.
    I pass them off to family, the ones I don't, their in my closet for emergencies. I'm using a 755 for everyday life, & a 700 for testing & messing with
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Currently I have:

Verizon Treo 650
    Sprint Treo 700P
    AT&T Treo 750

Yes...I have commitment issues.

***I also have a Cingular branded Treo 650 that I can't seem to find for some reason. It's here, I just don't know where. I figure my wife has "relocated" it for me.

My main phone right now is the iPhone.

In addition I have a Motorola SLVR that I basically use as my alarm clock.
    Last edited by Denny Crane; 07/27/2007 at 09:28 PM.
    Lock and Load!
    Global Posts
    788 Global Posts
    stack em
    M505 -> M515 -> Kyo6035 -> Kyo 7135 -> Treo 600 ->Treo 650 -> Treo 700P -> Treo 700 WX -> Samsung Saga VZW
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Treo 680... in use
    Treo 600... paperweight
    Clie' .........Door stop
    starting from my IBM Workpad (palmIII), I have em lying around my apartment. sometimes i sleep with them, sometimes i forget one for months and then charge it play with it.

palms that surround me: ibm workpads, palm fives, treo 180gs (2 of em, 1 still functional), tungstenW.

i presently use, and intend to do so until something decent comes out: the tre650, its been extraordinarily faithfull
    Quote Originally Posted by reverendrhino View Post
    I pass them off to family, the ones I don't, their in my closet for emergencies. I'm using a 755 for everyday life, & a 700 for testing & messing with
    How ya doing good buddy Reverend? I wonder if I may partake of your advanced knowledge in all iquids intoxicating? The ale you recomended the last time was great! What is the current pick of the month?

In reply to your post, I admit I did give one to a family mamber. My niece showed quite a bit on intrest in my 650 and then was very amazed by the fact that she could sync splashmoney OTA directly with the banks server to update her account. I guess I dont send em all to ebay.
    Hmm....hard to remember what happened to them all. Sold my 600 to one of the docs I work with, the 650 sold to a fellow member on SU, and I gave my 700P to a friend when I got my 755 as a 'thank you' for house sitting while I was gone 2 weeks on vacation and my daughters wedding. Of course that's not counting the additional 600, 650, and 700WX's I had and kept swapping from one model to another.
    My Treo: I think I'll keep her. All dressed up for prom and her date Foleo stood her up
    I have a 650 in my kitchen cabinet since September... Anyone interested?
    As a sucker who always buys the latest and greatest, I end up ebaying my old phones to cut my losses. Since there are no contracts involved for the buyer, you can always cut your losses by a few hundred dollars.
    Quote Originally Posted by jamespaulritter View Post
    How ya doing good buddy Reverend? I wonder if I may partake of your advanced knowledge in all iquids intoxicating? The ale you recomended the last time was great! What is the current pick of the month?

In reply to your post, I admit I did give one to a family mamber. My niece showed quite a bit on intrest in my 650 and then was very amazed by the fact that she could sync splashmoney OTA directly with the banks server to update her account. I guess I dont send em all to ebay.
    Ha! Actually a good one is Horny Devil by Ale Smith(San Diego)it's 11%, but worth every drop...
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    I've given my older Treos to friends and coworkers who could use them but couldn't afford them. So far I've donated a Treo 600, 650, and a 680. The 650 has been re-donated by the first recipient to another coworker.
    Our old T600 is Killer MP3 Player in Saturn SW2 Station Wagon. Used Radio Shack Volume controller to overcome the headphone jack impedence problem.
    For Tech Legal or Cybercrime Help visit http://centrallaw.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast