View Poll Results: Do you own a memory card that is compatible with your Treo?

Voters
74. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, I own a memory card that will work with my Treo.

    72 97.30%
  • No, I do not own a memory card that will work with my Treo.

    2 2.70%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 20 of 24
  1.    #1  
    I am conducting a brief survey. I would like to get an idea how many people own a memory card that they can use with their handheld or smartphone (of any platform, Palm, Windows Mobile or Linux) and how they connect to the Internet while using, or not using, the memory cards.

    Could you please take a few minutes and fill out the survey here:
    http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...ljcq9N0w_3d_3d

    Thank you for your time.
    Last edited by dkirker; 07/27/2007 at 01:11 AM.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  2. #2  
    I voted for yes, I own one, but if this has anything to do with your browser, I feel like you'd be better off keeping everything in memory, because some of us have multiple cards that they keep different things on, and a browser is used so often that it'd kind of be a waste to put another copy on each card.
  3.    #3  
    Quote Originally Posted by jhoff80 View Post
    I voted for yes, I own one, but if this has anything to do with your browser, I feel like you'd be better off keeping everything in memory, because some of us have multiple cards that they keep different things on, and a browser is used so often that it'd kind of be a waste to put another copy on each card.
    I can't say exactly why I am posting the poll, other than I want to get an idea of how many people have memory cards.

    Also, thank you for reminding me of something that I almost forgot. The NVFS in the Treo is actually a "memory card" with a small file structure and all of the files in "RAM" are stored in a specific directory.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  4. #4  
    Who doesn't? :P
    Check out my My Medical webOS Apps
    Featured free apps: DrugView | Eponyms | eMed | Dosecalcfree | Beeb News
  5.    #5  
    Quote Originally Posted by palmdoc2005 View Post
    Who doesn't? :P
    Yeah. I kind of figured that.

    Maybe I can have the first poll that is 100-0. Now that I say that a no will pop up...
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  6. Gerorne's Avatar
    Posts
    506 Posts
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    #6  
    One of the reasons I'm hesitant to upgrade is that the Treo's switched to min-SD. I love my SanDisk Ulta II+. It fits into SD and USB slots with no problem.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

    Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
  7.    #7  
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerorne View Post
    One of the reasons I'm hesitant to upgrade is that the Treo's switched to min-SD. I love my SanDisk Ulta II+. It fits into SD and USB slots with no problem.
    Yeah. That can be hard. For the sake of forward compatibility I got a 2GB Transcend microSD card with a miniSD and SD. I don't mind not having a USB plug in it.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  8. #8  
    1g, 2g & 4g
  9. ktm97's Avatar
    Posts
    341 Posts
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    #9  
    You may also want to know the size of card, we use everyone I know with a Treo has at least 1gb
  10. #10  
    I voted yes. I use a 2GB miniSD but I would rather just DL a program because I switch between different devices that take different size cards. I think there would be a market for this idea if the program your talking aout is a pain to download for reasons such as size like a mapping program with pre installed maps or an encyclopedia. My encyclopedia is 1GB and a major hassel to move around. Sounds like it could be a good idea. Users in the situation you descried wouldn't have to switch between different cards.
  11. #11  
    256k, 512k,2-1g,2-2g, 4g. Sad part is that going back in time, I paid more for my 256k card then the 4g, and more for the 1g than any of the others. It was one of those have to have it things everytime a bigger card came out.
  12. #12  
    4 SanDisk 2GB micros that came with a mini & and a regular SD adapter.

    1 Main
    1 Music
    1 Movies
    1 Tom Tom Navigator
  13. #13  
    A treo with no memory card is asking for boredom!

    Edit: Oh and I have a 2GB card, waiting for a SanDisk 4GB miniSD card. ( don't trust any others >.<)
  14. #14  
    My 1 gb took a crap.... the 512 I've had since my tung e is doing well...
    01000010 01100001 01101110 00100000 01010100 01101000 01110010 01100101 01100001 01100100 00100000 01000011 01110010 01100001 01110000 01110000 01100101 01110010 01110011 00100001
  15.    #15  
    Actually, any size memory card will work. And no, the memory card is not for the program, but you are close.

    I should probably post this question in an area where many non-NVFS users are (since really all NVFS devices have a memory card since the RAM is really a card with all of the Palm prcs and pdbs in a specific folder).

    @RICHINMJ: I remember doing that. I paid $50 or so for my old 128MB card when I got my Tungsten T3 (man was I soo excited to get that thing).

    I just recently paid about the same for my 2GB card.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  16. tel0004's Avatar
    Posts
    10 Posts
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    #16  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    @RICHINMJ: I remember doing that. I paid $50 or so for my old 128MB card when I got my Tungsten T3 (man was I soo excited to get that thing).

    I just recently paid about the same for my 2GB card.
    Reminds me of USB thumbdrives when I was in highschool (2001). We though they were the coolest thing, and I remember 1 gig ones were 1,000 dollars. Now they give 1 gig thumbdrives away at some work functions, I have like 6 of them.
  17.    #17  
    Ok, so I have created a poll that has a couple extra questions. Could you guys please fill it out here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...ljcq9N0w_3d_3d

    This will allow me to get a better idea how people use there memory cards and the Internet at the same time.

    Thanks.
    Did you know:

    webOS ran on a Treo 800 during initial development.
  18. #18  
    Quote Originally Posted by dkirker View Post
    Ok, so I have created a poll that has a couple extra questions. Could you guys please fill it out here: http://www.surveymonkey.com/s.aspx?s...ljcq9N0w_3d_3d

    This will allow me to get a better idea how people use there memory cards and the Internet at the same time.

    Thanks.
    I've attempted several times now to complete this survey, but I can't get past Item 3. Internet, question 2 -- I've checked about 5 different methods I use to access the internet, and yet I keep getting an error message when I click "Next," saying that "This question requires an answer. Please go back and fill an answer in." I've tried unchecking and then rechecking my answers, but I still can't get past that page.
  19. #19  
    Quote Originally Posted by ChristieC View Post
    I've attempted several times now to complete this survey, but I can't get past Item 3. Internet, question 2 -- I've checked about 5 different methods I use to access the internet, and yet I keep getting an error message when I click "Next," saying that "This question requires an answer. Please go back and fill an answer in." I've tried unchecking and then rechecking my answers, but I still can't get past that page.
    Same here...d'ya reckon the site has a problem with FireFox?

    <edit>
    Nope, that's not it. I can't complete it in IE 6.0, either.
    </edit>
    Last edited by Bill Gamble; 07/27/2007 at 09:01 AM.
    V > Vx > m505 > m515 > T/T > T3 > TC > 650 > 680
    <script type="text/javascript" src="http://download.skype.com/share/skypebuttons/js/skypeCheck.js"></script>
    <a href="skype:wwgamble?call"><img src="http://mystatus.skype.com/balloon/wwgamble" style="border: none;" width="150" height="60" alt="My Skype status" /></a>
  20. #20  
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    Same here...d'ya reckon the site has a problem with FireFox?

    <edit>
    Nope, that's not it. I can't complete it in IE 6.0, either.
    </edit>
    I tried in IE 6.0 and AOL, and no dice.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions