Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Hello.. I hope someone can help with this....

At work we have an exchange server. I set up versamail so that I can use activesync to connect to work vita the exchange activesync. All seems good. Now, I come home where I dont have any way to connect to my work server except through IMAP. I have my local calendar at home that since I am not connected to the work exchange server through a way to syc my calendar, it doesnt sync at home to the office. Because of this, I want to perform a local HOTSYNC to sync my Calendar, appointments, contacts, etc that are in my outook 2003 on my home PC. WHen I try to SYNC I get the message that since I have an activesync account set up I can not perform a local hotsync and I need to set the conduits to "do nothing". I dont want to do this because things I add to my local outlook calendar, contacts, etc wont get synced onto my palm. Is there any way to have an activesync account on versamail and then still be able to local hotsync when I am at home?

Thanks..
    Global Posts
    787 Global Posts
    To be honest, you will have to turn off versamail from syncing to the calendar everytime you want to sync at home.
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    How do I turn it off? The only way I could find was to delete the account from versamail. I dont want to have to do that all the time...
    Quote Originally Posted by BenJoeM View Post
    To be honest, you will have to turn off versamail from syncing to the calendar everytime you want to sync at home.
    Do you mean by unchecking the calendar box through Versamail->Preferences->AutoSync?
    jb
    Blackberry Curve 8310
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    I tried that as I want to manually SYNC and it still doesnt let me hotsync
    IIRC, you simply cannot cable sync to Outlook for calendar/contacts in any way. It has to be over the air. Your only alternative is to sync with Palm desktop. At least that's the way it is with my 700p.