Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    Is there any way to set my my TREO 755 to use an exchange server but set it up for RPC over HTTPS? I tried setting up VERSAMAIL but it doesnt seem to support this. is there something that does?

Thanks....
    The treo doesn't support Exchange RPC no matter what port it runs on... Exchange RPC is only for outlook. The treo does support Exchange Activesync, which is the mobile interface for exchange.
    How you proceed depends on if you are the one who controls your exchange server. Pretty much- find out if the powers that be allow exchange activesync... you can even try yourself by just typing in the outlook web access address. If your address is mail.business.com/owa, then you can try mail.business.com as the server, putting in your name/password/domain in the right fields in the phone and see what happens.
    If that doesn't work, you'll have to get in touch with your IT dept. or exchange service provider to see if they support Exchange activesync or outlook mobile access. Most providers of exchange do support it except colleges usually.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Global Posts
    358 Global Posts
    it appears to work with versamail using the eachange web access address. However sometimes it gives me an error when syncing and the first time I synced it duplicated some of my calendar entries...