Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456
    I'm pretty sure from the "new Palm WiFi Card" that he was kidding. Besides that, it was mentioned in this thread that they hadn't notified anyone yet as of Thursday, I doubt that anyone would have gotten anything by Saturday.
    Quote Originally Posted by zelgo View Post
    Just got my trial FOLEO AND my new Palm WiFi Card in the mail to test!!

Just kidding....or am I?
    dork
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

DS-Centercode has the test field been filled?

Just curious what the status is.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    553 Global Posts
    Will people be initially contacted by email? I know I'm much more guaranteed to check my email than pick up a call.
    Vx --> M515 --> T|T3 --> T|T5
    --> Treo 650 --> Centro --> Dinc

Smart Jones - a smartphone webcomic
    I signed up a while ago when I got the e-mail but never saw the topic on this. I hope its the Folio, I would love to test it for school related work and carrying something lighter than my laptop would be extremely helpful.
    Palm M100 => Treo 755P => Treo 800w => Treo 755p => Palm Pre => No more Palm/HP products
    I do hope the gentleman from Centercode does let us know when they have sent out the beta invites.
    "Many men stumble across the truth, but most manage to pick themselves up
    and continue as if nothing had happened."
    - Winston Churchill
    Yeah, it should have been over by now right?
  8.    #108  
    Sorry for my late reply but my vacation started before the tester selection was complete. The tester selection process has been completed.

If you do not get selected for this opportunity, you will be in the database for other notifications in the future.

Thank you,

Doug
    Doug, thanks for the info/update. Good luck with the testing!
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
    Global Posts
    689 Global Posts
    Emails have gone out?
    "Only the dead have seen the end of war" - Plato
    I guess Palm doesn't want professional software test folks in on the Beta. (IE: Me)

QA folks just find bugs anyway.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    I guess Palm doesn't want professional software test folks in on the Beta. (IE: Me)

QA folks just find bugs anyway.
    AH HA! so that is why I didn't get picked!

<~~~~ Software Test Engineer
    My Palm Treo 700w was a snitch
    I think anyone who is chosen will be sworn to an oath of secrecy so im not expecting anything or believing anything
    Global Posts
    367 Global Posts
    Remember guys, they may not be having you test software, or look for bugs.. etc.. And they said they were looking for a very specific demographic from what it sounded like.. so it may have been something like all women over 40 who make more than $80,000 a year or something.
    I know I didn't get selected for the original opportunity, but have also been informed of other testing opportunities since then. (Different ones... non-Treo ones... interesting ones...)
    Did you sign up at their website? I haven't received anything. Maybe it's putting everything in my Junk folder.
    Looks like a great way to be sure you're not picked is to tell them you're a professional software tester. Doh.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Awwww, I missed out. How can I get added to the list for future testing opportunities?
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sukiyaki View Post
    Awwww, I missed out. How can I get added to the list for future testing opportunities?
    Say you're 40-45, make 85k/yr, and don't mention you know how to beta test.
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Say you're 40-45, make 85k/yr, and don't mention you know how to beta test.
    Well technically the last part is true. ::jumping up and down::: :::waving at Palm::: you know you want me!! I'm a WOMAN!! That has to count for something. Doesnt that give me special entitlement privileges?? :lol: You need more females involved in technology so the end product is woman friendly. I'm cautious enough to read the manual, smart enough to install programs, not smart enough to hack, and just knowledgeable enough to be dangerous but not too dangerous. I'm pefect!! :lol:

OH well. I tried.
    The value of knowledge is not in its possession, but in its use.
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456