Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by DS-Centercode View Post
    I understand your paranoia, but I provided my e-mail for contact and a link to our site so that you can find out more about us. Thanks, Doug
    Doug, I stopped worrying when I got an message vouching for you from someone on this board. I'm sure you know what I meant by the ebay and paypal reference. I've clicked on the link to one of those emails just to see what the site looked like (not to fill anything out) and it looked just as authentic as the real thing. If you look at the first thread here in the Marketplace it says "fraud even in Treocentral". I hope you understand my warning.
    Kyocera 6035 > Kyocera 7135 > Treo 600 > Treo 650. All Verizon. Sprint Treo 755p, HTC Mogul & Centro
    Unlocked Treo 680 for trips outside Sprint's areas
  2.    #62  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Doug, I stopped worrying when I got an message vouching for you from someone on this board. I'm sure you know what I meant by the ebay and paypal reference. I've clicked on the link to one of those emails just to see what the site looked like (not to fill anything out) and it looked just as authentic as the real thing. If you look at the first thread here in the Marketplace it says "fraud even in Treocentral". I hope you understand my warning.
    I sure do. I get all of these types of fraud and more in my spam filter.

Doug
    I put my concerns to bed after I checked the url - feedback.palm.com - and also saw that Palm is listed as a client on the centercode.com site.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Quote Originally Posted by skfny View Post
    Good luck to all. And a big thank you to Palm for taking steps to integrate the community in the beta process.
    Im amazed it took this long for anyone else to say this.

Cheers to Palm.

Im just reading this thread now otherwise I wouldve said it myself.
    ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Here's a concept. How about a website about Palm that you can actually fill out with your Palm????
    Quote Originally Posted by DS-Centercode View Post
    I can post a reply here when the recruitment is closed. I ask that nobody who is selected on the beta test mentions it here in the forums. Palm is very secretive about their products and if there is any type of leak whatsoever, there is a chance that it can affect how they announce beta tests in the future.

Even if you are not selected, you will be added to the Palm tester community and you will hear about other beta test opportunities that they announce there.

Thank you,

Doug

Thank you Doug

Can you at least indicate when the testing will begin???
    Just to reiterate Doug's point, if you have been selected to beta test, PLEASE don't leak any information on the net. There are hundreds of us who will not be selected for this round but would like to be considered for future betas and the last thing we need is for Centercode to tell them that 3 out of 3 leaks came from TC members.
    Just to reiterate Doug's point, if you have been selected to beta test, PLEASE don't leak any information on the net. There are hundreds of us who will not be selected for this round but would like to be considered for future betas and the last thing we need is for Centercode to tell them that 3 out of 3 leaks came from TC members.
    Okay, I take back what I said about getting a new 2008 Cadillac!

-Frank
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    Hello,

I am late to the game obviously and dont expect to get in the testing. I would like to sign up to be apart of other Palm beta testings. But, the Palm site will not let me sign up because they are no longer taking any more beta testers. I am a treo 680 user and would like to know if there is anyway to become a Palm beta tester for future testing.

Thank you.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by strav22 View Post
    Hello,

I am late to the game obviously and dont expect to get in the testing. I would like to sign up to be apart of other Palm beta testings. But, the Palm site will not let me sign up because they are no longer taking any more beta testers. I am a treo 680 user and would like to know if there is anyway to become a Palm beta tester for future testing.

Thank you.
    Stav22
    Thats weird becuase I sent my bro over to sign up and he didn't get that message and it was atleast 20 minutes after your post.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Global Posts
    96 Global Posts
    I just was able to log in and sign up. All morning it told me it was full. I also signed up with centercode for other testings. Maybe they closed it for a while because too many people were trying at the same time. Maybe I can get in this testing. I am guessing the way they choose is random based on demographics, they then choose from there certain candidates based on your responses on what they are looking for.
    I just was able to sign up....

mG
    Oh good, so I can still cross my fingers for it
    have you guys started testing yet? or is it just a sign up exercise?
    happy waiting
    Will we be able to say when we get a confirmation? I'm worried it's going to be tossed into my Spam. Fusemail throws some weird stuff in there sometimes. 99% of the time, it works well, though.
    I'd like to know about confirmations also. Doug, can you post here and say "Congrats to the lucky few and good luck to the others for next time."
  17.    #77  
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    Stav22
    Thats weird becuase I sent my bro over to sign up and he didn't get that message and it was atleast 20 minutes after your post.
    We bumped the community member limit to allow more people to apply.

Thanks,

Doug
  18.    #78  
    I'd like to know about confirmations also. Doug, can you post here and say "Congrats to the lucky few and good luck to the others for next time."
    I will post here when the opportunity has been closed. The demographic requirements for the test have been very intense, so we are expecting to close out the selection early next week.

Thanks,

Doug
    Global Posts
    17 Global Posts
    As a Palm user for many years I give them credit for looking for Beta Testers from a great group like TC......and hope maybe we can help them with making better products!!
    Quote Originally Posted by eg757 View Post
    As a Palm user for many years I give them credit for looking for Beta Testers from a great group like TC......and hope maybe we can help them with making better products!!
    True. Who better to entrust to finding every bug...and to continually prod them until they fix them all

LOL!

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast