Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    Good luck to all. And a big thank you to Palm for taking steps to integrate the community in the beta process.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Am I the only one who finds it funny that Chatter is not listed in the EMail options?
    BTW, why would they be beta testing the Foleo? It's already cooked, they're not going to be making major changes to it right now, unless they're working on the next version.

Maybe it's the Palm Linux Treo.
    Global Posts
    307 Global Posts
    Chatter is why most of my users are still using Palm OS Treos.
    Something old, something new. I got a ringer switch and 800W .
    I just signed up, too.
    I am in.
    Pilot 5K->Palm IIIc->Tungsten T/T2->Treo 650/680 -> Pre+ (1.4.5 & Uberkernel)
    Damn, I was hoping not that many people would notice this thread and sign up, to give me better chances.

Go away, nothing to see here.
    Quote Originally Posted by 1PTUser View Post
    Chatter is why most of my users are still using Palm OS Treos.
    Agreed, Chatter and DateBk6 for me.
    Global Posts
    919 Global Posts
    I hope I get selected that would be very cool to say the least. I think everyone on this forum want to see Palm launch something worth wild and we are always telling Palm ways to improve; now some of us will actually have a choice to be heard.
    something I notice about centercode is that Palm is listed as a hardware customer. So I wonder what they are really testing.
    I don't care what you say SPRINT kicks
    Treo650/Treo700p/Treo700wx/Treo755/HTC Touch/ Treo Pro/ Touch Pro/ Touch Diamond / Palm Pre / HTC EVO Shift / Nexus S 4G
    My Themes - Prethemer
    Quote Originally Posted by Doc31 View Post
    So I wonder what they are really testing.
    I'm curious too. Ironically those who know won't be able to say, nor is there any guarantee that whatever it is will see the light of day. The more we speculate, the more underwhelmed we'll probably be since we are all so desperate for something good from Palm.
    I'm guessing (hoping) it's either a new device (not sure if they just send these out like this) with Palm Linux or MAYBE a Linux update for our current models, along with a WiFi SD card adaptor thing.
    Maybe it's something minor (VersaMail 4?) just to feel the TC beta testing waters.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    But what if... it was a newer version of chatter? that would totally take the cake... with Marc now at Palm, and not a peep (that i've heard) this would be the greatest way for him to stick it to Palm (in a good way). Get treocentral involved! I'd like to think that we all somehow helped evolve chatter with our bug reports and feature suggestions and all that... i remember the days when chatter was just an instant messaging client! if they found a way to get chatter ported onto windows... i may cry. i remember when i had my 600 thinking that this thing would be great if it had windows mobile on it... well now that the treo does windows, i'm finding myself saying that it would be great if it had chatter on it... ahh the cyclical nature of life.
    Treo 800w 8/08
    Nokia N800
    previously: Treo 700wx 12/06, Sprint 6700 3/06; Treo 650 11/04; Treo 600 1/04 (gone); Samsung i500 (gone); Hitachi G1000 11/03 (gone); Nokia 7110 5/00(best phone ever)
    Quote Originally Posted by davidg4781 View Post
    I'm guessing (hoping) it's either a new device (not sure if they just send these out like this) with Palm Linux or MAYBE a Linux update for our current models, along with a WiFi SD card adaptor thing.
    Haha, while extraordinarily far-fetched, this would make me cry tears of joy. Now...stop getting my hopes up. Let's instead think of the most underwhelming piece of software they could have us test so when it comes we can be pleasantly surprised.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    Quote Originally Posted by Bill Gamble View Post
    My point exactly.
    Probably should have italicized the word was --

Sprint Pre & Motorola H300 BT headset

Dead devices: Palm Pro; Palm III; Treo 600, 650, 700p, 755p; Centro
    Yes, I finally updated my tagline!
  16.    #56  
    Quote Originally Posted by RickMG View Post
    Worse, for all we know, this person with only one post could be like all the ebay and paypal fake emails you get and they just fished a lot of personal info out of you. I stopped when it started asking for address and phone. I'm way paranoid as you can tell.
    I understand your paranoia, but I provided my e-mail for contact and a link to our site so that you can find out more about us.

Thanks,

Doug
    Just out of curiosity, will there be an announcement here to at least stop new people from signing up or so that people aren't checking their email constantly, when the testers are actually selected?
  18.    #58  
    I can post a reply here when the recruitment is closed. I ask that nobody who is selected on the beta test mentions it here in the forums. Palm is very secretive about their products and if there is any type of leak whatsoever, there is a chance that it can affect how they announce beta tests in the future.

Even if you are not selected, you will be added to the Palm tester community and you will hear about other beta test opportunities that they announce there.

Thank you,

Doug
    Quote Originally Posted by DS-Centercode View Post
    I can post a reply here when the recruitment is closed. I ask that nobody who is selected on the beta test mentions it here in the forums. Palm is very secretive about their products and if there is any type of leak whatsoever, there is a chance that it can affect how they announce beta tests in the future.
    Thanks for the information in the first place honestly. Completely understandable about all the secrecy as well.
    It sounds like its going to be a good one......
    "A man who drinks only water, has something to hide to his fellow man."

My beer blogs:

Rev. Rhino on Flickr

Rev. Rhino on Twitter
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast