1.    #1  
    Hey everyone:

I will be leaving on vacation next Friday to San Francisco. While I was there I thought I might drop by Palm, Inc.'s headquarters. Do they give tours? Does anyone know whom I would call?

Thanks!
    Thanks,

Chad Garrett
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    I've been there, it's not all that (was working so not on a guided tour, I can't imagine they do that unless you are a business VIP). I would recommend going to the beach instead.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    ok, I asked my wife who works at Palm and she says nothing to see, just 3 buildings, an open picnic area and that you are a loser for asking You wouldn't be able to go beyond the lobby.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    The Google campus would be more interesting because of the free food. Again, per my wife.
  5. dpc
    Global Posts
    439 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by chadman View Post
    Hey everyone:

I will be leaving on vacation next Friday to San Francisco. While I was there I thought I might drop by Palm, Inc.'s headquarters. Do they give tours? Does anyone know whom I would call?

Thanks!
    Just stand outside of the lobby with a big sign that says, "Foleo Support for 680 at Release or BUST!", for like an hour.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by dpc View Post
    Just stand outside of the lobby with a big sign that says, "Foleo Support for 680 at Release or BUST!", for like an hour.
    I think it would need to be a week for Palm management to notice
  7.    #7  
    LOL! Thanks guys, I really appreciate it!
    Thanks,

Chad Garrett
    I once called the Palm store located at the corporate headquarters. The sales clerk told me the company does not give tours, and is not a place a stranger can walk in to visit, Treo owner or not. As someone else mentioned, either go to the beach or maybe visit Google. Does Google really give out free food to anyone dropping in? I have no idea.
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    I once called the Palm store located at the corporate headquarters. The sales clerk told me the company does not give tours, and is not a place a stranger can walk in to visit, Treo owner or not. As someone else mentioned, either go to the beach or maybe visit Google. Does Google really give out free food to anyone dropping in? I have no idea.
    My wife has friends at Google, Apple etc and freeloads whenever possible

Seriously, see some redwoods instead of nerdy tech campuses. There are much better things to do in California.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    ok, I asked my wife who works at Palm and she says nothing to see, just 3 buildings, an open picnic area and that you are a loser for asking You wouldn't be able to go beyond the lobby.
    What does your wife do at Palm? Is it a cool place to work? Or just another grind job? Inquiring techies and wannabe geeks want to know!
    Casey
    Sprint 755p, 700p, 650 - I am not a geek! Really!
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Casey Cheung View Post
    What does your wife do at Palm? Is it a cool place to work? Or just another grind job? Inquiring techies and wannabe geeks want to know!
    I'm not allowed to divulge that sort of information lest someone figures out who I am, sorry Like Batman my identity must remain hidden for the greater good.
    Quote Originally Posted by braj View Post
    I'm not allowed to divulge that sort of information lest someone figures out who I am, sorry Like Batman my identity must remain hidden for the greater good.
    at least can you tell us is the communication internally as bad as it is with their customers? Is it better? Worse? etc.

ONE can be spelled as NEO.
    There is no spoon.
    Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by Hdhntr23 View Post
    at least can you tell us is the communication internally as bad as it is with their customers? Is it better? Worse? etc.

They all use IR beam with notes with their Palm IIIs instead of email, which should explain a lot.

BUT HONESTLY

I haven't been on the Palm campus in a couple years, I don't think they are managed as badly as I like to joke about (mainly some bad decisions a few years ago that made it hard for good people to do a good job). Besides, my wife doesn't tell me anything, she's under NDA and 'doesn't bring her work home with her.' My main interest is what kind of discount she can get at their store
    Last edited by braj; 07/24/2007 at 10:30 PM.
    palm HQ?? no not worth it..you can problably see pics of the buildings via google image search...you won't get able to get pass the lobby...

however...you may be able to hassle some employees into getting their act together! (the management)...j/k ..you don't wanna do that..you'd prob get arrested for trespassing or something

anyhow..there are much, much better things to do in SF
    Damn...first thing I thought when I read the thread topic was "Gunz Blazzin" as I await to see chadman on CNN.
    at&t iPhone3G