1.    #1  
    Hi I have a web cam at the house and I watch it on my laptop at work. It would be great if I could also see it on my Treo. Is this possible? It is done with Flash. Is there an application I can download to make this happen?
    thanks
    Jim KA1EUI
    www.radiosarefun.com
    The upgraded Kinoma player can play flash video. It costs less than Pocket Tunes Deluxe and has way more features.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
  3.    #3  
    So if I download Kinoma it will work. OK ....Does Kinoma allow me to type in a URL address? That's how I do it on my lap top I pull up a web browser, type in the URL and then I can see the picture. Will it work the same on Kinoma?
    Thanks
    Jim KA1EUI
    www.radiosarefun.com
    Yep. It replaces the Kinoma player that Blazer uses, too, so you can click on a link from the web, or just copy/paste the address into Kinoma player directly to play from a URL.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    did kinoma player work on your treo? is there an equivilant for the mindows mobile os?
    Last edited by mratatood; 10/04/2007 at 10:14 AM.
    Global Posts
    362 Global Posts
    So the kinoma works on youtube site too?
    Get the latest cell phone news and deals at www.icellphonedeals.com.
    I got my new phones free at bestincellphones.com, where did you get yours?
    Quote Originally Posted by mikecc View Post
    So the kinoma works on youtube site too?
    The main YouTube site isn't mobile-aware and so doesn't work properly in Web (Blazer), but yes.

You can either cut/paste the URL to the page of the video you want to watch in Kinoma Player, and/or you can use one of the Kinoma Media Guide feeds, and/or you can create custom feeds.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks
    but guys, dont forget that if you are using gprs connection, watching online videos using kinoma can be a frustrating experience. you will only see fragments and then you have to wait most of the time until the rest gets downloaded. the really frustrating thing is that once the filme gets completely downloaded, there's no way to watch it again in one go.

gprs and kinoma dont go too well

as for web cam watching, i could imagine kinoma to be usefull, because there you dont need to watch continuously.
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    gprs and kinoma dont go too well
    Flash Video doesn't go well with GPRS, because it's typically encoded at broadband datarates.

However, other content -- podcasts, the Reuters videos in the Kinoma Media Guide, etc., photostreams, etc. -- work well on GPRS.

-- Charles Wiltgen
    Kinoma Notes blog | Subscribe to blog (email) | Subscribe to blog (RSS) | Follow Kinoma for news/content alerts | Follow KinomaTips for tips/tricks