Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1.    #1  
    http://www.pcworld.com/article/id,125397/article.html#

Top 10 Cell Phone-PDA's, according to PC World.

No Treos.
    Thats incredibly sad, for a company which started out as a PDA maker.

Surur
    It's not as if this is breaking news. I mean come on, it's not 2004 anymore...
    MaxiMunK.com The Forum That Asks, "Are You Not Entertained?"

Remember: "Anyone that thinks the Treo should just work right out of the box, shouldn't own a Treo..."
    Some of the devices don't even qualify as a Phone-PDA. Anyway, who cares!
    they have replaceable batteries and ringtones and still didn't make it.

no surprise.
    Last edited by oalvarez; 07/22/2007 at 08:12 AM.
    Blackberry Pearl (AT&T), Apple 3G iPhone,
    owned and used: Treo 750 (WM5, Cingular)
    T680 unlocked (T-Mo), T700wx, T700w, T650, T600
    ppc6600, i730, htc mogul, BB Bold, Curve
    Sorry, I don't believe that there's not one Treo on there. Even Windows Immobile.
    So what if the Treo isn't on a top 10 list. Does that make my 650 and 700p less than usefull?

Neither one of my Treos started acting up or turned into brats because they aren't on a top 10 list.

Quote Originally Posted by treotraveler View Post
    So what if the Treo isn't on a top 10 list. Does that make my 650 and 700p less than usefull?

Neither one of my Treos started acting up or turned into brats because they aren't on a top 10 list.

LOL!
    T-Mo Wing is listed higher than other WM devices???
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    I don't think they are actually doing a comparative rating, just listing them in order of their individual review scores. This of course penalizes the treos, as even the reviews are tired of the unchanging design and lack of specs, and mark them down accordingly.

Surur
    Global Posts
    883 Global Posts
    SideKick... come on, that's barely a smartphone...
    Visor --> Visor Platinum --> Treo 300 --> Treo 600 --> Treo 650 --> Treo 700p --> Treo 755p --> Treo 800w --> Palm Pre
    Strange, they were all GSM phones.
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

Interesting to find more people voted the article down (107 vs 41).
    i dont give a damn about the treo's positioning in whatever charts. its just the coolest gadget and we know it.
    palm is not for everybody, its specially for us and we can enjoy it for ourselves
    Quote Originally Posted by jinx View Post
    i dont give a damn about the treo's positioning in whatever charts. its just the coolest gadget and we know it.
    palm is not for everybody, its specially for us and we can enjoy it for ourselves
    I am a 750 owner, but come on dude, it's really not "the coolest". The form factor has been rehashed for years, wifi is but a fantasy, WM Treo's are have been subject to 240 x 240 screens, Palm doesn't seem to put out a release that doesn't go wrong in one way or another, and it seems the company was sidetracked by yet another device people should carry....the Folio.

Palm will be hurt by the iPhone, especially POS Treo's. Individuals who might otherwise choose a POS Treo because of it's "perceived" ease of use, now have another player to choose from. Palm has fallen behind the pack and needs to something quickly. I don't think the smartphone style Gandalf will be enough.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    Quote Originally Posted by PalmExecWithLargePendingSalesBonus
    The "us" is getting fewer and fewer...
    I find it sad/odd that people ask to be thanked. How genuine is it when you have to ask? It's like forcing your kid to call Grandma, to thank her for the new underwear she sent for their birthday.

"To me, clowns aren't funny. In fact, they're kind of scary. I've wondered where this started and I think it goes back to the time I went to the circus, and a clown killed my dad.
    -Jack Handy, SNL-

The iPhone is hands-down the coolest. Most capable is another category.

Surur
    Global Posts
    495 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by khaytsus View Post
    Sorry, I don't believe that there's not one Treo on there. Even Windows Immobile.
    haha, never heard of windows immobile, thats histerical.

i dont believe that thing can be true though. aren't most smartphones out there treo's today? i see one almost everywhere I turn, no kidding. now... if they are basing this on sales, then maybe its true because people keep their Treo smartphones for years. Palm doesn't replace these things every 3-6 months really.

Major models of Palms devices were: (recent history)
    Treo 600
    Treo 650
    Treo 700p
    Treo 680
    treo 755p

those are palm os models. that was a four or give year span too.
    Aaron M. Fisher
    CEO of Sonicfish Consulting
    www.SonicfishConsulting.com

PDA/ Smartphones:
    Handspring Visor> Sony Clie SL10> Nokia N-Gage> Nokia 3300b> Treo 600> Treo 650> Treo 680> Nokia e71> Apple iPhone 3G> Palm Pre+
    Yeah, I'd say the smartphones at work are about 60% Blackberry and 30% Treos, the rest are Windows Immobile

I'd GUESS that about 20% of my department has a smartphone, so that's perhaps 20-23 people. I know 2 650's, 1 680, a couple Windows Treo's I didn't pay much attention to, a 600, a 700..
    Obviously, availability of 3rd party applications was not part of the criteria...
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast