Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    Every single app I've used (besides games) has worked perfectly wtih my 750.
    Yes, alot of the games I liked on WM still don't have native 240x240 versions. I really liked AcidSolitaire and AcidSpider on PalmOS. Couldn't find anything as good as those two for WM. SKTools (I use it alot when I have a WM device) still doesn't have a 240x240 version. There were a couple of other apps. I used heavily that didn't have 240x240 versions, but I don't have that list now since I've moved back to a PalmOS device.

Oh and trying to view websites in PIE on a 240x240 screen was painful.
    I think websites look fine with PIEPlus's PWO and fullscreen option. It certainly is comparable to Blazer and Xiino. I'll post comparative screenshots if anyone's interested.
    A new Avatar to commemorate Silly Season.
    Global Posts
    103 Global Posts
    Palm should be congratulated on getting Win Mobile to work the way they have. I have had various HTC devices on different networks in the UK. Sadly the quality of the hardware and the mangling of the ROM's meant it wasn't an easy platform to love, despite all the wonderful 3rd party software. I came across a 750 by accident, and I love it, everything a mobile device should be.
    Yes the market speaks but if 95% of all smartphones out there are WM, of course people are going to buy them. What choice do they have?
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    95% of the smartphones out there are WM because more people started buying those over PalmOS, RIM, Symbian, etc. devices.
    Quote Originally Posted by KabukiAssassin View Post
    Yes the market speaks but if 95% of all smartphones out there are WM, of course people are going to buy them. What choice do they have?
    95% (actually 80%) are Symbian. WM is growing much faster than the market however, and I believe is used by more techies.

Surur
    I know what you're getting at with the reluctance of going with MS. As much as I like the features on them, I just can't bring myself to use a phone with a Microsoft OS on it. More an ethical position than anything, and to be honest I'd use a WM device long before I ever picked up an iPhone.
    Visor Edge + VisorPhone -> Samsung i300 -> Treo 300 -> Treo 600 -> Treo 700p -> Treo 755
    I just like the way my 650 works. Period.
    Same with a blackberry. It just works.
    Quote Originally Posted by CountBuggula View Post
    I know what you're getting at with the reluctance of going with MS. As much as I like the features on them, I just can't bring myself to use a phone with a Microsoft OS on it. More an ethical position than anything, and to be honest I'd use a WM device long before I ever picked up an iPhone.
    I completely agree there! I have such a moral objection to Apple & their BS. Even though I have an ipod, which I only have b/c it was the largest capacity for the best price(i got it for $50 cheaper than sticker price). I just think its criminal what they're doing with the iphone though, full (outrageous) price AND a 2 year contract? It should be either or, like every other phone out there.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    What about a Symbian OS phone (if you could GSM)?
  11.    #31  
    Quote Originally Posted by GoogleNerd View Post
    What about a Symbian OS phone (if you could GSM)?
    i'd be open to symbian for sure. i handled an e-61 a few months ago, but didn't have enough time really explore the os. i didn't like the hardware (felt too brittle); and it seems difficult to get other models without paying full retail price.
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12