1.    #1  
    Who is better. I was never a fan of Cingular so I have been VZW user for years. I always had another phone from NEXTEL that I used a my house because I do not have VZW service. But tired of caring both. So now that Sprint has screwed NEXTEL all up, I need to do something. Cingular does work at my house, but VZW does not. I think VZW service everyelse is great and EVDO seems to be in most bigger cities that I travel to. So do I give that up for AT&T? Is there a true difference?
    Last edited by treogolfer; 07/16/2007 at 06:56 PM.
    Another issue which I think is big is that ATT doesn't offer insurance on Smartphones and Verizon does through Assurion. However, the 8525 on ATT is a nice phone, and data is truly unlimited where verizon caps you at 4 or 5 gig a month.

Sidenote: ITS MY 600th POST!!! I still feel nothing.
    Global Posts
    392 Global Posts
    Had Verizon before Cingular, great coverage & service then switched to Cingular because they offered the treo 600 coverage and service is still good. I think you will need to look into the little things like insurance, rollover,etc.
    I'm getting itchy to switch from vzw to att. coverage for both in central nj / eastern pa is good, and i'm just sick of the crippling of features that vzw does with phones. of course, i need to wait out my contract. sigh.
    Friend switched after 10 yrs with verizon. No difference in service in NJ,
  6.    #6  
    Congrats! on the big 600th
  7.    #7  
    Does anyone know how AT&T is in this area?
    How did Sprint screw up Nextel?
    at&t iPhone3G
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    Congrats! on the big 600th
    Thanks!
  10.    #10  
    Nextel had awesome customer service. Phone goes bad they replace. If you break it was $25 to replace.

I had some problems and now just talking to the reps. they blame everything you. Just total different attitude. Several Nextel stores changes to VZ and or AT&T because they got tired of it. Just a different way of doing business
    I am staying with verizion because it is good in my area ,but i have not try cingular but was thinking about at time
    I like ATT better .I can't tell you why .But if you try them ,you will know the answer.
    I know of at least advantage ATT have over VZW is its gsm service for travellers to Europe & Asia. If you travel to these places often for business or pleasure, you can still use your own phone for roaming or if its unlocked, you can buy prepaid SIM card to use. You're out of luck with CDMA phones in Europe unless you have the new BB 8830.
    I think therefore I am.... confused!!!
    If your phone doesn't have service in your home, then I would switch most likely. No point in it IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by treogolfer View Post
    Who is better. I was never a fan of Cingular so I have been VZW user for years. I always had another phone from NEXTEL that I used a my house because I do not have VZW service. But tired of caring both. So now that Sprint has screwed NEXTEL all up, I need to do something. Cingular does work at my house, but VZW does not. I think VZW service everyelse is great and EVDO seems to be in most bigger cities that I travel to. So do I give that up for AT&T? Is there a true difference?
    IMO, VZW has better customer service than AT&T. However, AT&T has a more interesting lineup of devices. And rollover is a plus.
    Lock and Load!
    Global Posts
    233 Global Posts
    I was a loyal VZW user when I lived on the East Coast. They had great coverage there. In WA they have spotty coverage -- great in the big cities but not much in the SW and E parts of the state. You can get phone service through their extended network (they rent space from other providers). But, critically, their data service does not work in those areas. I switched to Sprint -- great on the Highways, but lose service altogether once you get off the main corridors. Now I use AT&T/Cingular and it has the best coverage for data of those plans. Only wish their data was a bit faster.