Global Posts
    1,727 Global Posts
    Just curious if the Java VM available for Treos will ever allow Opera Mini 4 to really be useful. Have any new versions of the beta come out, and if so has there been any progress in stability?
    It is unstable, but I love it. Being able to zoom and scroll like the iphone is cool.

I am waiting for a native version for Palm OS.
    Yeah pretty unstable using WM5 and the Intent Midlet Manager. I have tried loading the IBM J9 Manager which supposedly runs Mini 4 better, but I found the IBM version a PIA to install and use.
    PDA Lineage: Handspring Visor Deluxe, Visor Prism, Casio EM-500, Casio E-200, HP Jornada 568, IPAQ 1910,IPAQ 4150,Ipaq 2750 (with Moto Razr V3), Imate K-Jam,Treo 750,HTC Touch Cruise,HTC Touch Diamond(US)
    I tried it with my 650 and got it to work with the New York Times web page without any issue. Trying to view T/C web pages was a different story. As soon as I logged in, as the virtual mouse goes over any of the links it resets. Tried it several times, it does not work on this release.
    Global Posts
    37 Global Posts
    It's quite stable on my Treo 650. However, I find it difficult to use from a usability standpoint. Since it was developed mainly for feature phones, the softkeys concept don't really work with the Treo.
    <A HREF="http://www.treotoday.net">Treo Today<A> - news, tips, tricks and more
    I never got it to work at all with my 680. It never gets past the initial setup of the network.
    Global Posts
    141 Global Posts
    Tried it on my 650 and it locks up every time, after a page or two. The promise is great, but the reality is frustrating . Anyone tried it on a 755?