Global Posts
    12 Global Posts
    So will the 800w replace the 755w for sprint, seems like 800w will be nothing like the 755p form factor.

Thanks
    Quote Originally Posted by toology View Post
    So will the 800w replace the 755w for sprint, seems like 800w will be nothing like the 755p form factor.

Thanks
    It seems like the 755w is just going to be passed over in favor of the 800w which to me signifies that it's an upgrade to the existing WM5 Treo 750 - design and specs. Probably a 320x320 screen.
    if they release it with 320x320 screen it will run on WM6 the update of the 750 to WM6 is supposed to be sometime in Aug.

Fred
    August? I thought the 800w would be out by the end of the year.
    august is the rumored update for treo 750 to wm6
    Fred
    So when will a new Treo, 755 or 800, be coming out on the Verizon network? August, September???
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    The 755 was to be released 7-4 but failed Verizon testing, the 800 is supposed to be 9-13. Will the delay of the 755 also delay the release of the 800????

http://www.howardforums.com/showpost...&postcount=327
    Wow, thanks for the info. So it sounds like the best bet is to wait a few months until 800 comes out in September. My old Crackberry is falling apart and two months is about all it has left in it. To me the Treo is the best smartphone out there, the competition doesn't even come close. I think it's best to wait for the next iteration.

If you were going to get a new Treo would you get the 755 or wait a bit longer for the 800?
    Global Posts
    760 Global Posts
    It depends on your preference. I believe the 755 is the P (old POS new POS not til next year??) and also an existing form 750 series.

The 800 is supposed be a W but a completely new design.

If you believe all the rumors there is supposed to be another phone that is a smart phone no touch screen.

Personally I am waiting to see what the 800 specs actually turn out to be.
    Global Posts
    747 Global Posts
    i might just stick around with the 800w as it seems the kaiser is going to be gimped through at&t and there isnt umts at my college
    Then again, waiting "a few months" for a VZW phone to be released can quickly turn into a year or more. Just ask those poor souls waiting for the 6800, i760, or various other phones.
    OH-IO!!!
    Current Record: 1-2 in BCS Championships Current Rank: #5
    Next Game: 8/30 - Youngstown State

Formerly "Tre-i-e-i-o"
    Former Treo owner (iPhone 3G baby!)
    Quote Originally Posted by Tre-i-e-i-o View Post
    Then again, waiting "a few months" for a VZW phone to be released can quickly turn into a year or more. Just ask those poor souls waiting for the 6800, i760, or various other phones.
    Yeah I know the wait on the i760 is a yeah. I want something that has at least WiFi. Good news there was that Engadget mobile reported they saw that phone on VZW site(I have yet to check but the pics of the screen shots look legit).
    I guess wifi isn't such a big deal for me. Isn't the Verizon network supposed to be really fast? Is it a money issue or a speed issue?

I also prefer the keyboard versus having a complete touchscreen interface like the old Palm Pilots or the new iphone.

I may be talking myself into picking up the 755w if it comes out first...
    Global Posts
    983 Global Posts
    Still waiting for 755w to come to Sprint.