1.    #1  
    Putting this in the General Treo Chat as it's about Palm, the 700p, the 700wx, and the 750. Mostly, though, it's about how I'm just plain worn out with all this.

http://www.wmexperts.com/articles/ed...m_follies.html

A snippet:

Look, Palm, I love you guys from the bottom of my heart, I'm even willing to believe that your Foleo will be at least half as successful as you seem to think. But being a Palm fan has been a lot like being a Vikings fan for a few years now: We believe in the team, every year it looks like they're going to get it together, most years they do much better than the naysayers give them credit for, but in the end -- no Superbowl.
    I thought Palm came out with the 700p update.

Everyone expects Palm to rule the world. I just expect a great product, and that is what I have. I don't miss wifi or stereo bluetooth or streaming youtube. My Treo 650 does what I want and it does it very well, with good battery life.

Sure, I would love to be impressed with something even better. Until now I haven't seen it, but I'm still happy.
    NiceGPSuperior1 is a free GPS program, now with the ability to save your map! Get more info here. It's free! If you like this app and want to encourage development, you can donate from the web page link.

NiceDrudgeReader is a fast, simple reader for The Drudge Report. It is only $0.99, so check it out, too! More info here.

Search for "Nice" in the app catalog to see all my apps.
    I sympathize with you septimus. I have had my struggles with palm. I have shared a least half of the high profile issues on the 600, 650, 700wx, 700p and now the sound issues and disappearing card on the 750. I've been up till 3am before with the boot loader un-bricking treos that user destroy for eliminating spam and manipulating RAM. And like Tony I do not expect perfection, only a great product and that's what this is. I'm no palm fan boy I have left for other devices when I thought they may have been better. But they never have. Palm is the best!
    I'm a Palm fangirl for life. There should be a gang sign for it :P

Why do I love Palm so much? I got my first PDA when I was 21, about 5 years ago. I bought an m130 from my friend Kevin for $100. I didn't know diddly zip about Palms, all I knew was that they were a popular brand of personal digital organizers & that this one had a cool color screen. But as soon as I got online & started poking around for info about them I knew that I held something special in my hands. It wasn't just a PDA, it was a tiny little computer that I could carry with me everywhere & do anything with. I kept track of dates, numbers, pictures, I even had a dream diary on it(that doesn't work on my Treo now, aaargh!). A couple years later I bought myself a Tungsten E & the love affair deepened. Then came a Zire 72. Then.... My Treo 650. I bought it on January 29th, 2005. I'm such a nerd that I remember the actual date. With that device, my love of Palms was cemented.

Sure, I've strayed, just recently I cheated with a Samsung m610(which I ended up giving to my boyfriend). But then I went back to my Treo, apologized to her, and bought her a nice baby blue leather case to prove my love. I'll never betray her again.

It amuses me to hear all this hibbety jibbety about "Treo killers". You know what that means? It means that everyone KNOWS Treos are the best. There sure seem to be a lot of Treo killers out there now, but guess what? Treos are still alive & well. Yeah, they've got issues, but their benefits highly outweigh their problems. The only problem I have on mine is a slight lag & occasional issues with bad software.
    I just saved a bunch of money on my car insurance by fleeing the scene of the accident!
    I agree with Septimus. I've been a Palm user for more than 10 years, but I really think Palm's lost what it takes to suceed. Just look at the ROM updates for the 700p. The installer was so poorly tested it bricked who knows how many devices, and the updates themselves cause as many problems as they solve, with beeps that can't be silenced and network connectivity issues. It appears Palm doesn't know the first thing about regression testing software. I was looking forward to speeding up my 700P a bit, but not at the cost it will entail.

And now Palm's delaying the "Great White Hope" of Linux on Treo, probably because they had most of their software people focused on the Foleo. Gimme a break, hasn't Palm heard of convergence? People want fewer devices to carry around, not more.

Almost every decision they've made regarding Palm OS ( sell it, buy it back, license it, no don't, build OS6, trash it, deal for ALP Linux, build our own... I've lost track) has cost them money and put them in a worse competitive situation. Now they can't even sync with Vista because they don't own the rights to Palm Desktop!!

Palm is apparently run by a bunch of clueless fools who are dangerously close to killing the franchise. And I'll mourn if they do, because in spite of all it's foibles P-OS is still easier to use, faster, and less resource intensive than WM. But too many more buggy, half-finished products and WM's going to be the only real choice.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.
    I want to clarify my statement of palm is the best....... I meant their devices and the wonderful tweaking they did to my WM5 750,,, I used the palm OS for 5 years and thought it was the best until I tried WM. I hated it for about 3 months but have loved it for the last 2 years. I'd never go back to POS.
    Quote Originally Posted by meyerweb View Post
    I agree with Septimus. I've been a Palm user for more than 10 years, but I really think Palm's lost what it takes to suceed. Just look at the ROM updates for the 700p. The installer was so poorly tested it bricked who knows how many devices, and the updates themselves cause as many problems as they solve, with beeps that can't be silenced and network connectivity issues. It appears Palm doesn't know the first thing about regression testing software. I was looking forward to speeding up my 700P a bit, but not at the cost it will entail.

And now Palm's delaying the "Great White Hope" of Linux on Treo, probably because they had most of their software people focused on the Foleo. Gimme a break, hasn't Palm heard of convergence? People want fewer devices to carry around, not more.

Almost every decision they've made regarding Palm OS ( sell it, buy it back, license it, no don't, build OS6, trash it, deal for ALP Linux, build our own... I've lost track) has cost them money and put them in a worse competitive situation. Now they can't even sync with Vista because they don't own the rights to Palm Desktop!!

Palm is apparently run by a bunch of clueless fools who are dangerously close to killing the franchise. And I'll mourn if they do, because in spite of all it's foibles P-OS is still easier to use, faster, and less resource intensive than WM. But too many more buggy, half-finished products and WM's going to be the only real choice.

I have been a big Palm Fan, but Palm has losted it's "Luster". I am currently on my 2nd full week of trying the BB 8830, It's a BMW of smart phones. Sure I wish I could hit o for "On Demand" and go to that application. But the Phone is really rock stable. Hopefully I will be able to give it high marks before my trial runs out and I have to decide between the BB 8830 and the 755p which Sprint just gave me. But being Palm fans; Palm should not have given us other options. They should have released the Linux Treo on the day that Apple released the Iphone instead of putting their eggs into the foleo basket which may get broken soon! Look Palm never offered a discount to the disgruntled 700p owners when they released the 755p.
    Well, I can't agree about the crackberry. Great email, acceptable phone, but as a PDA it doen't hold a candle to a Treo. Nor does it have the incredible array of applications to let you tailor it so it's just right for you.

I've had a BB, I've tried WM. For all its issues, the Palm OS still suits my needs better than either.
    Bob Meyer
    I'm out of my mind. But feel free to leave a message.