Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    I was out of contract so I called and got them to send me a Blackberry Curve for free. I was upgrading from a Treo 650.

I had to change my $20 unlimted data plan, which they dont offer anymore for a $40 BB plan.

Yesterday I received my new phone. I played with all day and realized that it doesnt sync some important calendar information with my Mac. BB's tech support isnt helpful and they dont even have a number on their site to call.

Im not happy and I want to go back to my Palm.

Should I:

A) Call ATT and let them know I dont like the phone and send it back? I can then argue to get my old media works data plan back

B) Keep the phone and sell it for 350-400 bucks and use the sim in my old Treo. Only problem is now im paying more for data.

C) Call in, return the phone and ask to get a new Palm 680. Only problem with this is: An unlimited data plan is 50 bucks with this phone. No way am I paying that.

What should I do? Any other options?
    D) Send it back and get a regular non-PDA style phone without a data plan, since you can't really afford a data plan.

-Frank
    I really doubt you can get the 20/m plan back. That's how it works. As soon as the old discount code is taken out of the system, a regular customer representative simply can't put it back to your account.
    return it, get the 680, and get the PDA MAX Personal that gives you unlimited data + 1500 SMS/MMS/IMs for $39.99
    E) switch to SERO.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    Quote Originally Posted by gadgetluva View Post
    return it, get the 680, and get the PDA MAX Personal that gives you unlimited data + 1500 SMS/MMS/IMs for $39.99
    That seems like the right choice. My plan will stay the same like it is now and I get a new Treo.
    You can sync your Blackberry to your Mac with Missing Sync or PocketMac. You still can't update your BB's firmware on a Mac though.
    Global Posts
    97 Global Posts
    What i did was - I went ahead and got a 680 aaaaaand the CSR gave me my old media works $20 unlimited plan back =)

ATT's customer service was surprisingly good.